Western China

polystyle

Yes, this has been building for awhile.
Not far from Urumqi,
Kashgar is having it's Uighur old city redone ( torn down ) by Chinese business .
Out by the old Silk Road ...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Old City gate

6097A34B-370F-48E1-8D1C-EB8DBC14B29F_mw800_s.jpg

zhao

there are no accidents
seems always massive numbers of injuries and deaths when these thins happen in china... tragic.

and fuck the han who have been treat minorities like shit.

zhao

there are no accidents
out of all the belief defying injustice in the world
the injustice at home still elicits the strongest emotion...

i have.

SO MUCH HATE.

for the CCP.

don't worry will simply indulge in suicide bombing fantasies for a few minutes and i'll be alright.

polystyle

I hear you Zhao.
Take a deep breath, let it out, repeat until calm(er) ...

As for the CCP- what goes around , will come around.

polystyle

I don't disagree with the use of the term 'genocide' here, at all .

Strong man behind the scene, the go - to guy
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/11/world/asia/11xinjiang.html

By yesterday , Police admitted they opened fire on Uighurs , killing two.
Iran's clerics going to say something about the killing of muslims' or not ...

It's an old story that came to a head -and remains there after days of back and forth carnage.

polystyle

Give us your boys

Rounding up Uighurs ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/world/asia/20xinjiang.html

Some months before there was the story of the Uighurs who had been picked up in Afghanistan after the US came in after 9/11.
A group of young men had been held in Cuba, China was asking for then, no countries would take them or get involved and they ended up landing in ... Bermuda.
Possibly a better place to be in this moment.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
not a surprise of course, sadly, but

OCTOBER 20, 2009

The Chinese government says it respects the rule of law, but nothing could undermine this claim more than taking people from their homes or off the street and ‘disappearing’ them.

The Chinese government should immediately account for all detainees in its custody and allow independent investigations into the July 2009 protests in Urumqi and their aftermath, Human Rights Watch said in a new report on enforced "disappearances" released today.

The 44-page report, "‘We Are Afraid to Even Look for Them': Enforced Disappearances in the Wake of Xinjiang's Protests," documents the enforced disappearances of 43 Uighur men and teenage boys who were detained by Chinese security forces in the wake of the protests.

"The cases we documented are likely just the tip of the iceberg," said Brad Adams, Asia director at Human Rights Watch. "The Chinese government says it respects the rule of law, but nothing could undermine this claim more than taking people from their homes or off the street and ‘disappearing' them - leaving their families unsure whether they are dead or alive."

more

polystyle

Cheers Scott
Have been tracking the situation there before and after the breakdown and crackdown;
was funny to see last week when the Chinese ( the CCommunistP actually ) broke the news that two Chinese were being sentenced for formenting the anger into the riot in Kashgar.
First time I saw that news, but it was followed the next day with many other sentences , including Uihgurs -who did fight back and fiercely.

The mood and place itself may never be the same though , by now, after the big fight.

B

bleaphy09

china has nukes - america has some still but most of them are locked up in the states