biofeedback & concentration

ome

biofeedback play

I just bought a biofeedback device (Wilddivine £100 XP/OSX) mesuring galvnic skin responce and heart rate variability (it mesures variations in crude brain states without electrodes in/on the head i.e. states of relaxation/concentration theta, alpha etc.. as well as excitability).

Its intresting I can mesure(witness) states (feelings) within myself.

You can play the wild divine game it in various different ways. It can teach you how to achieve various states through breating and visulization techniques (i.e. you make things float or move on the screen depending of the depth of whatever state). Unfoutunatly the game is very positive 90's disney sinbad / myst graphics and you dont have a choice of the music (new age electronica).

There is some open-source software that uses the hardware sensors that gives simple graphs, this also works over a network, so it would be possible to develop this into a online game.

Such an idea might be........

Winning might involve maintaing specified states while your opponect tries to distract you. Think couterstrike but you die if you stop meditating or are unable to defend yourself within the battle. If you try too hard you lose, if you dont try you also lose.... intresting... snowcrash is closer than we think ;)

anyone inspired with any idea how this could be used to play?

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
The obvious one would be a racing game. opponents play, concentration needed to start the car, speed it up, slow it down and turn it.
i really want a go on a biofeedback machine.
my concentration is pretty good but i'd like SUPREME concentration.