RFI: Jim Jones

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I just got hold of 'Crunk Music' by this guy, and it's ace. Not that I'm exactly in the loop as regards this kind of thing, but is this guy famous already or have I just missed out, cos I hadn't heard of him previously? And, while we're on the subject, what crunk aside from the very famous stuff (Lil John, Banner etc) should I be looking out for?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
He's in Dipset.

On My Way To Church is a great album just down to Jones' honesty and the productions on there. He's not the most technically able of rappers, but he makes up for it in charisma and experiences

believekevin

you have to get down with crime mob. try to get "stilleto (pumps)" .. their whole album is awesome, too - a rarity in this genre.

hands down my favorite crunk track is "run" by bone crusher. the bassline just enormous, it's like an escalade driving right over your face.

DavidD

can't be stopped
Ironically, I wouldn't call "Crunk Musik" a crunk track; jim jones is in dipset and from New York, and its definitely more of a dipset-capitalizing-on-crunk thing. It is a fantastic cut though. If yr looking for more of that sort of weird new york rap thing, check out the album Diplomatic Immunity (the first one, its much better than part 2) and Cam'ron's Purple Haze.

boy better know

I'm Serious
Also, on the Dipset related tip, i can't reccommend Juelz Santana's album (From Me To U) enough. The most underrated Rap album of the 00s.

Jim Jones has hands down the best adlibs in hip-hop.