lala
Lot of hatred for the lady on the prejudices thread
i quite like her,
havent heard any of her tunes mind

hint

party record with a siren
gagakermit.jpg

gumdrops

theres something i like about her. she seems to have a real genuine deep love of pop music. not just in it for the fame etc etc. plus i like that she dresses up all the time, even if it just seems to look like something a vogue shoot in the 80s half the time.

polystyle

Not that I am in love with the tunes -or her pokerface,
I give her some credit for getting as far as she has pretty much on her own will power.
Also her poaching of fashion 'style' from various runways and restyling for herself
( the bubble dress , etc.).
But she cracked me up when I saw the video for Lovegame.
She's got looks and scenes from the Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight video 'hommaged' into it.
Lol as she brags about all her crew being '22' but she's using ideas from '84 , Bowie and glam.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Not that I am in love with the tunes -or her pokerface,
I give her some credit for getting as far as she has pretty much on her own will power.
Also her poaching of fashion 'style' from various runways and restyling for herself
( the bubble dress , etc.).
But she cracked me up when I saw the video for Lovegame.
She's got looks and scenes from the Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight video 'hommaged' into it.
Lol as she brags about all her crew being '22' but she's using ideas from '84 , Bowie and glam.

I like how she's very consciously styled herself as a queer icon, by making supercharged pop music with a "message" and a glam sensibility. She's reminiscent of early 80s Madonna, but with a much better sense of humor.

Re "hommaged" looks: there's a pretty great picture of her wearing, in broad daylight, a full outfit of fetish latex--bra and skirt. This kind of thing rips very easily. As soon as I saw this picture I burst out laughing and thought "oh she does have a good sense of humor"...here's the closest version i could find online...

0129_lady_gaga.jpg

Re her age: she's around my age, possibly a few years older. I remember her giving shows on the LES when I was in college and so was she. She's not 23, tho, that's bullshit.

PeteUM

It's all grist
OK, since I view her with incomprehension and rage could someone advise me as to her most well-known/most likely to get 'em dancing song as I have been asked to play a tune at a birthday event and I don't want to spend half my morning researching the works of Gaga.

nochexxx

harco pronting
OK, since I view her with incomprehension and rage could someone advise me as to her most well-known/most likely to get 'em dancing song as I have been asked to play a tune at a birthday event and I don't want to spend half my morning researching the works of Gaga.

don't do it!

john eden

male pale and stale

poker face, (which is wicked)