Moderat

Lethem

Interloper out 1st of Oct
Meet up with a friend of mine for lunch yesterday, to say thanks for mastering his bands album he bought me a new CD. We caught the end of Moderat at Sonar and it was pretty cool. He bought me their new album and I am really impressed.

this is my fav song from it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Very Dub techno with some early dubstep vibes going on, I have been pleasantly surprised.

DJ PIMP

not so fussed about their garage sounding beats but i do love A New Error and some of their other stuff.

clever producers...

nomos

Administrator
i saw them live at Mutek this year. that's about my only exposure. a friend pointed out a distinct U2 quality to the live gig - with some nods to dubstep. i think the setup was supposed to evoke something like kraftwek but that wasn't the vibe at all. the show was definitely very rock in its execution (and audience, most of whom left immediately afterward). it didn't fit at all well in between sets by appleblim and mala which is really what soured me on the whole thing (not to mention that their encore meant mala had to go on even later but still end on time).

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
Apparat seems to kill decent artists work (exhibit A: Orchestra of Bubbles) but I can forgive Modeselektor for almost anything simply for producing one of the best songs of the last 5 years.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this one ain't bad either:

urbanite

subnoto
went to see them here live recently... it was alright... enjoyable and the sound system was good for once.

Still haven't listened to the CD, but live I thought they slightly over did it with the carefully planned build ups and releases to the point of becoming very predictable. Strip a few elements out, bring them back on and on, plus they go into it like a performer kind of thing. Songs are neatly delineated. Very reserved as well, which is a bit weird for a live performance.

The Modeselektor beats definitely stood out and the crowd got a little more hyped up when they actually played a few sort of remix things over bits of Modeselektor that I knew, just kinda jamming over them I guess...

Lethem

Interloper out 1st of Oct
I don't know much about these guys, but as an album of music I really like it and I guess that's what it's all about at the end of the day.