Ramadanman / Pearson Sound

benjybars

village elder.
so he's basically the biggest producer on road isn't he?
definitely deserving of his own thread anyway

good feelin
carla
dayrider
revenue
gambetta
wad
spliffhead remix

as he actually made an average tune yet, let alone a duff tune?

haha, i can imagine him reading this and getting all coy and flashing his big devon countryside grin (homo).

anyway, big up ramadanman. hope his ridiculously prolific stretch continues.

I've no interest in turning this into a complete discography, but his refixes of
Royale Sound and
F's Epilogue
should also be mentioned.
Akin to a Pepsi commercial gone wrong, the man's on fire right now

Alfons

Way of the future
He's amazing!

I love how he's kind of flipped his sound over and over, with the trg remix and the first soul jazz 12" kind of minimal garage things, blimey and revenue are on a percussive vibe, humber and core sort of technoy etc, and now with the dnb and the pearson sound things which I don't know what to call.. all great but different vibes and sounds

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Love his new stuff, no offence intended but 'Blimey' and the TRG Remix were almost too minimal for me - the new stuff is stripped down but so FULL.

Also is 100% guaranteed never to turn into an arrogant bell-end.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Just heard the untold rmx of revenue :eek:

This stuff really brings back the oingyboingy to dubstep

Also love his twisted synths at the moment, similar to those being used by Brackles/Greena etc. TBH I hadn't even noticed he's killing it so much at the mo

Last edited:

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
hmm

Hate to put a break in all the love but to me his output seems to be moving upwards but not necessarily forwards. I agree, he is a good producer but none of his recent output screams to me "2009". It's a super high polished version of what has come before it by himself and other producers. Better than before just not pushing the boat out. Or to mix metaphors (and piss of my 10th grade English teacher), following the signposts but not establishing new ones for people to follow.

gumdrops

'on road'? really? :p i like some of what hes done, that super percussive mix he did a while back was great, but a lot of his own stuff seems a bit rigid to me, or maybe thats just the ultra worked on aesthetic a lot of dubstep has. someone like zomby i think feels a lot fresher and 'alive' and of the 'now'.

Hate to put a break in all the love but to me his output seems to be moving upwards but not necessarily forwards. I agree, he is a good producer but none of his recent output screams to me "2009". It's a super high polished version of what has come before it by himself and other producers. Better than before just not pushing the boat out. Or to mix metaphors (and piss of my 10th grade English teacher), following the signposts but not establishing new ones for people to follow.

If you haven't heard 'Wad' I'd say it's right up there with THE tracks which define the sound of 2009. It's got a funky tempo, twisted syncopated percussion and at its core a nostalgic broken-soul garage vibe. It makes me dance in so many strange ways...

Also the Untold 'Revenue' remix is indeed a beast...acid fueled jungle-circus anyone?

Paul Hotflush

techno head

100% wrong.

Ory

warp drive
i've got a bunch of his 12"s but most of it is just "pleasant" without really doing much. especially his house tracks.

alex

Do not read this.
Love Rama's output,

Offal - One of his best tunes man, used to KANE this one..

also I like on blimey, the delay on the woodblock hit and the bit where the bass goes WOUM WOUM WOUM WOUM, WOUM WOUM WOUM WOUM

wise

bare BARE BONES
a lot of his own stuff seems a bit rigid to me, or maybe thats just the ultra worked on aesthetic a lot of dubstep has.

Have to agree with Gumdrops on this one, i've always found his productions really dry and rigid, lots of stuff going on but just never really locking together to get a decent groove going.
'Till recently anyway Wad is great though I haven't heard the B side. Royale remix & the Untold remix of Revenue really good too though the latter is an Untold tune in my opinion. Don't know about anyone else but I generally think of remixes this way.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

Are there any mixes showcasing his sound?

btw did anyone go FWD last night? Maybe the stuff Pangea was playing was bits of Ramadan? Some pretty bonkers dubstep-has-now-left-the-spaceship stuff.

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
If you haven't heard 'Wad' I'd say it's right up there with THE tracks which define the sound of 2009.
I have not. Will search it out.

100% wrong.
Anything I should search out for then that is recent? I guess my opinion matches Ory's:

most of it is just "pleasant" without really doing much

I see a lot of love/hype being thrown his way and I've been wanting to give him a second chance. Just nothing as stood up.

someone like zomby i think feels a lot fresher and 'alive' and of the 'now'.

100% right :D

benjybars

village elder.
'on road'? really? :p i like some of what hes done, that super percussive mix he did a while back was great, but a lot of his own stuff seems a bit rigid to me, or maybe thats just the ultra worked on aesthetic a lot of dubstep has. someone like zomby i think feels a lot fresher and 'alive' and of the 'now'.

haha. don't watch that, ramadanman man gets pure road love - i always see him rollin down green gate with marcus nasty. ;)

I think the second half of 'PLSN'; when the beat drops out and those wonderfully warm and rhythmic synths come in; is possibly my favorite musical moment of 09'.

Carrying over from what Matt WOEBOT said about ambient jungle, it makes my body move and lifts my head into the clouds.

Beautiful.