imovie help!

zhao

there are no accidents
using imovie 6.5 HD, and have a few questions:

footage is in wide screen, but the project isn't, how to convert it? but that won't be an issue if:

i use after effects to edit, might be easier with sound too. but on the hard drive i don't see individual clips, and all clips are contained in a single file? WTF? i remember previous versions of imovie not being like this ---- so do i have to export each one to quicktime or something??

cheers if you can drop some knowledge...

zhao

there are no accidents
another thing is happening:

some of the clips have no sound or waveform in after effects!

in quicktime or preview the sound is there, but in the time line no wave form, no sound!

the other clips are perfectly fine!

anyone ever run into this and know why?!?!

big thanks in advance...

zhao

there are no accidents
i found many people online who have the same problem but no solutions.

so just resorted to exporting Wavs of the sound from QT Pro, and then importing and lining up with clips in AE.

not sure exactly which company i should be angry with.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
i found many people online who have the same problem but no solutions.

so just resorted to exporting Wavs of the sound from QT Pro, and then importing and lining up with clips in AE.

not sure exactly which company i should be angry with.

It might be to do with how you've set up the project file to begin with - you have to tell the projects that you want them to include sound etc - also some of the cracked copies are bad with sound. I wish I could help more Zhao but my computer is dead and I've borrowed a mate's, so don't have AE to bring up and my memory isnt so good that I can run you through it without seeing it.

I don't know why they've done that to i-movie, I opened it on this borrowed computer and fucked around for about an hour and just thought, oh fuck this, they've made it unusable. Rubbish upgrade that one.

zhao

there are no accidents
It might be to do with how you've set up the project file to begin with - you have to tell the projects that you want them to include sound etc

that can't be it as most the clips are fine and only 3 out of 50 or so are silent in AE (and only in AE)...

no big deal, i've sorted it out by exporting wavs. just for this one project, normally don't do much video stuff...

sorry to hear about your computer... hope it gets well soon