Ike Yard & New Order poster

zhao

there are no accidents
nice!

a_fact_a_first_new_order_ike_yard_poster_450.jpg

if there is such a thing as post punk typography... :)

polystyle

On that night ? nope ...
There was a duff soundman tho'.
This was the first show at U N Home ,Swans and others did play there afterwards.
Now there IS that food, it's partly become a Ukrainian Museum, their food up and down the block.

Cheers to Hooky for saving our ass.

mms

sometimes
i bought that ike yard record with ramellzee the other day, thoroughly great stuff..

polystyle

Aha ,possibly Death Comet Crew w/ Rammell ?
or the Anti NY Comp. from Gomma 2001 with both IY and DCC ...
Cheers

Leo

great stuff...i know the building but never saw a show there.

i did, however, see new order around the same time at, of all places, the paradise garage! what a scene, NO taking the make-shift stage after hours of house music over one of the best sound systems in the world. they received an OK reaction (as "blue monday" was already getting played at underground nyc house clubs), but most of the boys in attendance were too busy up in the bleacher seats... ;-)

polystyle

Thanks !

DCC is into mixing an all - new album w/ Rammell MC'ing on some cuts,
Nomi from Hercules And Love on others.

And Ike just completed all new album last Sat.
10" and album coming up on Denmark's Phisteria

Currently, another crew (outpost) are immersed in sound track for this author named Luca ... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

polystyle

It must have been amamzing to be making music in Brooklyn durring that time, I wish i could havebeen there but in 1982 I was only a few montsh old!

Hey- it was fun making music in Brooklyn, Manhattan, W Berlin in 1982, '83 ...
2008 , 2009 -it's all been good.
Some genres changed , some stayed the same.
Things go around, come around again, revived, overdone, redone and burned down.

The New Order show was alot of fun tho' bassist Ken went up to see his lady at the time,
this women who called herself 'Madonna' -and Bernard was already in her dressing room.
:)

Lethem

Interloper out 1st of Oct
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This is so good,

how did you do this in 1981?

polystyle

Well, one had to have a couple ironing boards to set gear on ...
Add 2 Korgs, an Arp , EMS Suitcase Synthi, syn drums, roto toms, bit of metal to beat,
bass and occasional guitar + humans and you had what some other groups like Liasions Dangeruses or even DAF had live in the same seasons ...
:)
No MIDI, not much 'synch' that's for damn sure ...
Soundmen and other bands either scratched their heads or outright distrusted the electronic stuff.