The FACT Mixes #1 - Roots, Ragga And Reggaeton

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Just thought I'd let you all know that I've thrown a new mix up on Breaking Ranks. Terrible self-promotional post, but it is in conjunction with my new column in FACT magazine, who our Matt also pens a few finely wrought words for, so I thought you might like to know. Every issue you'll get a new downloadable mix of the stuff that's rocking my world at the time of writing, gratis. The mag's free, too, so the whole deal's value for money, even if you don't like me, my writing or my music. I'm actually really pleased with this mix and have enjoyed listening to it myself; hope you do, too.

FACT Mix #1

Sun Is Shining riddim - Big League
Sun Is Shining – Abijah
When Will Things Change - Luciano & Tony Rebel
Most High Cup Full – Jah Cure

Nine Eleven riddim - Lion Paw
Searching – Jah Cure
Drop Leaf riddim - Don Corleon
Longing For – Jah Cure
Vertex Productions
So Free – Jah Cure & Vybz Kartel

Superior riddim - Pow Pow
Superior – Gentleman
Love Her Forever – Turbulence
Run Around Girl – Anthony B
Sweet Aroma – Tony Rebel
Inna Dem Ting Deh – Morgan Heritage

Jesus Walks riddim - Massive Sounds
Jah Never Fail I – Sizzla

Chat riddim - Black Shadow
Feel Alright – Mr Easy
Kitty Kat – Rekha feat. Bobby Monroe
Jimmy Johnny – Kevin Lyttle
Version – Black Shadow
Speak Up – Elephant Man

Klymaxx! riddim - Juke Boxx
Long Time Badman – Chico
Falling Apart – Daville feat. Macka Diamond
Move Up Time – Macka Diamond
Wrong Time – Lady Saw
Do Your Thing – Ward 21

Double Barrel riddim - Purple Skunk
Whey It Fah – Macka Diamond
Set Up Yourself – Timberlee feat. Flava Unit
Touch Me If Yuh Bad – Vybz Kartel
Lock Di City - Sizzla
Excitement – Bounty Killer
Famous People – Elephant Man

Applause riddim - Jah Snowcone
Point Pan A Gyal – Delly Ranks
We Work Gyal – Danny English & Mr Pang
Don’t Like You – Assassin
Touch The Sky – Tamone

Reggaeton session
Culo – Pitbull feat. Lil Jon
Me Voy De Caseria – Khriz y Angel
Only U (Reggaeton Mix) – Ashanti
Yo Quiero Bailar – Ivy Queen
Dem Bow (Remix) – Wisin y Yandel
Dale – Don Omar
Gasolina – Daddy Yankee
Sandungueso – Tego Calderon
Oye Mi Canto – N.O.R.E feat. Nina Sky & Tego Calderon

mpc

wasteman
me too. the hqx or whatever things just don't work for me and i'm not sure how to convert to mp3

mms

sometimes
mpc said:
me too. the hqx or whatever things just don't work for me and i'm not sure how to convert to mp3

you need to unzip it on a pc, usually these work sometimes they don't, this one says it has no achive so it doesn't even open.. :(

gabriel

The Heatwave
dubplatestyle said:
i would assume this <b><i>Jesus Walks riddim</b></i> is exactly what i think it is?

yeah it's a remix of a sizzla acapella over the kanye west instrumental... and it's wicked, much better than either original track...

any movement on the problems with downloading the mix? have tried a couple of times and no luck still

stelfox

Beast of Burden
sorry folks i'm going to try to sort this out however i won't be able to do it today. will post when it's back up and running :(

D

droid

This downloaded and uncompressed fine on my Mac, so its not a problem with the archive. If your'e using a PC, try downloading stuffit expander, which should allow you to open any Mac created archives without trouble.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
hold tight stelfox, you're LARGE

yes! I downloaded this a while back, but have only just gotten round to giving it a proper listen...nice work

a question ...that cutesy cajun riddim (Chat) that comes in at around 14 mins - how/where can I get hold of that?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
go to dub vendor (shop or website) or a good JA record shop. it's easy enough to get hold of. quite a big run so there should be some left in the uk, if you're really stuch visit soundquake, but you will get stung on postage.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Thanks - I have looked in places that usually carry alot of riddim albums but couldn't find that one - was wondering if it was particularly rare or not