benga and eve?

aqueous

i was just about to post this lol.

its ok. she doesnt really kill it or anything though. she actually sounds a bit bored. almost bemused by the beat. though the standardness of that chorus might actually help it do well. miles better than the snoop/chase n status collabo anyway.

boomnoise

♫
my main issue with this is that it just sounds like a throw away vocal cut has just been splodged on top of the beat, making it very little different from the barrage of hiphop meets dubstep boots that were done a couple of years ago.

gumdrops

would like to hear dmx on this instead. its ok but eve sounds bored or almost like shes thinking 'wtf' so doesnt really kill it. like boomnoise said it might as well have been a mashup for all her connection to the material.

CrowleyHead

My hope for Dubstep & Hip-hop relies in only one possible format:

Juelz Santana over "Snake Eater".

Everything else is a guaranteed let-down.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I used to care about this sort of thing but I have long since realized that hip hop plus UKG (in whatever form) do not and should not mix.

* unless of course it's that weird LA hip hop which seems to be the predominant influence in dubstep right now, but that's weird and new enough to be considered something a little different. also I'm sure the influence cuts both ways when it comes to that stuff.

adruu

This Is It
my main issue with this is that it just sounds like a throw away vocal cut has just been splodged on top of the beat, making it very little different from the barrage of hiphop meets dubstep boots that were done a couple of years ago.

yep...sounds like some old studio session sent over ftp to get cut around...but the page i got this from claims its the 'first' single. ouch.

i can hear the benga obviously...he's actually credited as benga da afro warrior with salaam remi...not sure what mr remi brought.

http://nahright.com/news/2009/08/04/eve-me-n-my-up-in-the-club/#comments

hopper

Gotta say I think this and all the other rappers over dubstep tunes are horrible... The songs haven't been designed for vocalists on top, its just not musical... If you get the producers to make tracks for the rappers then that may be another story entirely....

gumdrops

Gotta say I think this and all the other rappers over dubstep tunes are horrible... The songs haven't been designed for vocalists on top, its just not musical... If you get the producers to make tracks for the rappers then that may be another story entirely....

not really. its better if hip hop producers just take from dubstep tracks like they would any other genre they sample. but im not really seeing anything that imaginative being done with it here on a production level. its just the original basically with eve rapping half heartedly on top of it.

hopper

not really. its better if hip hop producers just take from dubstep tracks like they would any other genre they sample. but im not really seeing anything that imaginative being done with it here on a production level. its just the original basically with eve rapping half heartedly on top of it.

It's pretty different sampling and singing over a whole track though I think yknow. An instrumental dance tune isn't designed for a vocalist on top of it in terms of allowing space and certain frequencies for the singer to go on top, and also structurally too. Anyway, it's not really all that important - the tune flops....