The Clairvoyants

thc

thc
Anyone listen to the Clairvoyants on Rinse FM?

Really nice minimal dubby techno. I especially liked the set on July 25th. The last 30 minutes or so was really interesting. I don't even know what you call it.

Leo

just listened to the july 25 show...kinda cool, heavily along the lines of basic channel/echospace. i've been out of the loop on recent stuff of this ilk, any idea about a tracklist?

thc

thc
no idea on a tracklist. i'm kinda new to this genre. i know they play a lot of their own tunes though.

Leo

no idea on a tracklist. i'm kinda new to this genre. i know they play a lot of their own tunes though.

if you're new to this type of thing, you should check out the deepchord stuff: echospace - "the coldest season", deepchord - "vantage isle", rod modell - "incense & blacklight", as well as anything you might find on basic channel and chain reaction labels from a little further back. also some vlad delay and monolake stuff.

mms

sometimes
shame the more recent takes on dub techno are more or less tributes to what basic channel did with a few exceptions, people seem to have taken the tropes or looked at the 'how to make dub techno in the style of bc' manual rather than built on what they did or reasearched methods of how to build new forms of dub techno or whatever, so you get this kind of music that's all right but it's like bc but inferior in sound and ideas.

anyway old dub house - give me this over basic channel any day personally, more personality, less austere.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
or this
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lethem

Interloper out 1st of Oct
Ahh this is good timing, nice to see people are enjoying some Dub Techno, I am bout to release my next EP I think you might enjoy some of my music on it.