Where at the MBV and New Order remasters?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Whilst the convict colony I live in gets everything 3 months after the civilised world fact, I'm curious to know what happened to the My Bloody Valentine and New Order remastered deluxe CDs that were meant to come out this time LAST YEAR??

Anyone know? I believe the New Order ones were recalled due to audio faults by the MBV stuff has been lost to the consumer ether...?

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
Not sure what happened to the MBV remasters but they got as far as promo'ing them - managed to blag the Loveless double CD one (workmate got Isn't Anything).
Pretty sure both disc's of loveless have leaked to the usual channels by now, tho teh wisdom of listening to remasters as compressed mp3's is kind of questionable

Cinnamon Carter

Wild Horses
Seems as though they've all gone the way of Burial's DJ Kicks mix.

Heard that the delay in getting the Loveless reissue out has been caused by Kevin Shields 'not getting around' to writing some liner notes for it.

massrock

Amazon.co.uk saying Jan 25th for Loveless now. Hmmm, what are the chances...

Also just noticed the unreleased demo tracks that have obviously been knocking about the web for a while. Not earth shattering but nice enough, all sound quite a bit like other songs from Isn't Anything or the Glider EP.

connect_icut

The MBV remasters are great. Sound great, look great. The new mixes of the demos really take them to the next level.

Quibbles? Well, no new mix of "Kevin Song" for starters. And no vinyl (yet). Also, there seems to be a transfer error on one of the versions of "What You Want" and there are a bunch of typos on the sleeves. But what the hell - at least they finally exist!

There's also a Japanese box set edition, which is on "Blue Spec" discs, whatever they are. And it comes with this crazy bookmark!

mbvbookmark.jpg