House 09!

zhao

there are no accidents
or anything recent ish.

we all know the best house this millenium is coming from South Africa but lets talk about US and European quality joints. (remember UKF has its own thread)

49848.jpg

this is the most impressive effort ive come across in a long minute. album just won't quit... to the last drop.

soulful, sultry, groovy as hell, at times teary eyed, full of that... that feeling. chilled but no wallpaper, classic yet innovative. so motown, so detroit... moodyman's cousin? more of a listening affair though, this dude needs to do a dancefloor album next.

to be sure this is about REAL and TRUE house music, amidst so much samey bleepy cheap ass post-mnml cookie cutter Trax Source snooze fests out there... and don't get started on that hipster electro-house BULL shit.

is there a detroit revival right now? what with Omar S and his friends and all that. (Omar stuff sometimes seems deliberately obtuse and difficult, trying patience with unfinished sounding, missing layers tracks...)

Last edited:

DJ PIMP

checked out the andres clips on the clone site - pleasant enough.

prefer the hipster bollocks and space disco etc. e.g.

the juan maclean - happy house - will saul and mike monday mix
holy ghost - i will come back
kathy diamond - whispers
sebastien tellier - kilometer - a-trak remix (tune!!!)
peaches - lose you - brodinski & yuksek mix
an2 - from now on
lele - disco monster

etc. plus stuff thats a bit more throbby and battering.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
prefer the hipster bollocks and space disco etc. e.g.

the juan maclean - happy house - will saul and mike monday mix
holy ghost - i will come back
kathy diamond - whispers
sebastien tellier - kilometer - a-trak remix (tune!!!)
peaches - lose you - brodinski & yuksek mix
an2 - from now on
lele - disco monster

etc. plus stuff thats a bit more throbby and battering.

P1050050.JPG

shaolinsoul

or anything recent ish.

we all know the best house this millenium is coming from South Africa but lets talk about US and European quality joints. (remember UKF has its own thread)

49848.jpg

this is the most impressive effort ive come across in a long minute. album just won't quit... to the last drop.

soulful, sultry, groovy as hell, at times teary eyed, full of that... that feeling. chilled but no wallpaper, classic yet innovative. so motown, so detroit... moodyman's cousin? more of a listening affair though, this dude needs to do a dancefloor album next.

to be sure this is about REAL and TRUE house music, amidst so much samey bleepy cheap ass post-mnml cookie cutter Trax Source snooze fests out there... and don't get started on that hipster electro-house BULL shit.

is there a detroit revival right now? what with Omar S and his friends and all that. (Omar stuff sometimes seems deliberately obtuse and difficult, trying patience with unfinished sounding, missing layers tracks...)

Props to Zhao on the Andres mention. He is severely underrated.

The man stays raw and this album is too much! Been bangin "change my mind" daily. I guess what i find so refreshing is his insistance on composing entire tracks out of beautifully measured disco samples. He makes house but i believe his background was slum village and hip hop.

Yes Omar S is still the man, hes got a new 12" out on FXHE that's just gonna slew euro wastehouse music..
http://www.omarsdetroit.us/eps.html#nic

This some of Omar's finest material imho. All Detroit minimal jackers, a real return to form.

Last edited:

padro1982

i don't think he really went off form, but i agree the new 12" is incredible. what's pissed me off about omar over the last couple of years is the amount of 1-sided, single track records, which is well tight imo, it's great to see a 4-tracker again.

The new A Made Up Sound and Shake releases are also class.

zhao

there are no accidents
glad to see love for this andres dude... i knew nothing about him or where he from or is in the scene. makes sense come from hiphop. those dusted blunted beats sound so good in a world of artificial polish and crisp techy production.

The new A Made Up Sound and Shake releases are also class.

dont know shake, will check. Made Up Sound is more wonky no? a lotta bpms around 100. good stuff tho.

Client Eastwood

glad to see love for this andres dude... i knew nothing about him or where he from or is in the scene. makes sense come from hiphop. those dusted blunted beats sound so good in a world of artificial polish and crisp techy production.

dont know shake, will check. Made Up Sound is more wonky no? a lotta bpms around 100. good stuff tho.

You might know him as Anthony 'Shake' Shakir. Big in the Detroit techno game but I only have a couple of tracks that come out on CD comps. He's on Dust Science, Frictional etc.

vimothy

yurp
Def. rocking Omar S a lot at the moment.

Also, check out Levon Vincent -- avant-ish jacking NY house.

hopper

You might know him as Anthony 'Shake' Shakir. Big in the Detroit techno game but I only have a couple of tracks that come out on CD comps. He's on Dust Science, Frictional etc.

The Anthony Shakir release is huge, well worth a look. Can anyone direct me to some good Kwaito?

padro1982

yeah most people obviously know Shake as Anthony Shakir, the new release is as Shake though, and its wicked, really varied tracks, pretty leftfield.

A Made Up Sound is 2562's outlet for non-dubstep stuff, the new one is straight up deep shuffling house, he also did a really nice Theo type ep for philpot a couple of years back under this name that's worth checking

+1 on the new Shake release, Indagoo is specially wicked, and quite wonky-ish for a Detroit head.

Currently feelin the new Reggie Dokes "Spectacle Of Deepness" EP and new Pepe Bradock on Atavisme too.

Also, and I don't know how this fits on regular "house", but I'm still listening to Maayan Nidam's "Nightlong" album, on that latin organic house tip that I so much enjoy :)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
REAL and TRUE house can be zzzzzzzzz worthy though (to state the bleeding obvious)

I've been listening to some mixmag CDs over the last few days - Dennis Ferrer and Ed Banger - and both are doing it for me. The Ed Banger mix is brash and cokey and cringey but I suppose that's the point, eh... The Ferrer CD is deeper, harder, building up momentum - I like mixes like this one and a Karizma one I downloaded a while ago that showcase the tracky/stripped down side of house alongside the full on soulful, diva-ish stuff.

Anyone going to this? http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?100687 Have heard of a few of those DJs but don't actually know how good they are. Bought a ticket a while ago anyways...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I find when it comes to South African House if it's not of the Pitori variety (the shit that sounds like funky), or DJ Cleo, it is just a lot of sophisticated new-york styled deep house. I might not be looking hard enough?

If only the shit that I like were more accessible (in terms of acquiring it), I'd probably play a lot more of it.

padro1982

Anyone going to this? http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?100687 Have heard of a few of those DJs but don't actually know how good they are. Bought a ticket a while ago anyways...

Ben Klock is great, really stripped, raw berghain techno and house. Patrice Scott is also wicked, nice deep detroit stuff, so that night did interest me, i've heard nothing but atrocious stories about that venue though, apparently the sound is beyond bad.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is it the car park with the big arches?

I went to a bloc night there and the sound wasn't great in two of the 'rooms' but in one room it was quite good.

Was a bit of a mission though, especially when I was left on my own and had to wait for the tube to open for an hour off my tits on pills :mad:

Tomas

Ben Klock is great, really stripped, raw berghain techno and house. Patrice Scott is also wicked, nice deep detroit stuff, so that night did interest me, i've heard nothing but atrocious stories about that venue though, apparently the sound is beyond bad.

yes the sound is appalling there - all the rooms are linked by a huge connecting corridoor so the sound bleeds (booms) from one to the other. totally ruined the last eastern electrics night i went to there, which also had a v good lineup...

klock, aguayo and patrice scott almost make it worth reconsidering tho...

this also has one of the best flyers i've seen in ages. website's pretty slick too: http://www.easternelectrics.com/