Songs about the anticipation of going out.

This is a two pronged thread really-
On one hand I'm looking for a mid 90s rnb tune, female vocal, about getting ready for a big piss up that night. There are definitely a couple of bars in it about getting her nails and hair done

On the other hand, any other songs in this vein bar Wiley's IUR Goin Out? Bit niche this thread, I know.

philblackpool

gamelanstep
I know this doesn't fit, genre-wise, but I've been thinking again recently about Petula Clark's "Downtown", which I love because its on the surface about how great it is to go out but is also fairly blatantly about being a bit sad & depressed & making up for it by escaping it for a meagre night out...it kinda works in conjunction with "Bedsitter" by Soft Cell, which is about the same feeling at the other end of the night, I guess...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Bedsitter by Soft Cell, 12inch version

"Do you look a mess?
Do you have a hangover?
Did you overdo the lemonade, cut short on the soda?
Did you do that dance the doctor told you that you shouldn't do?
But you're only young, you should do that dance twice over
I know it's pretty early
But you still look great
Just ready for the beauty that the make up will create
Take a little blusher, take a little paint
Put on the silver dress - the one that makes the young boys faint
I'm sitting on my bed and I'm looking at the time
Have a cup of coffee and you're feeling fine
Put on that new record that you bought the other day
The words will make you smile, you can dance the dust away
Make your single bed and push the tea leaves down the drain
Take a long deep breath
And start the nightlife over again"

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Roll Deep ft. Bless Beats - Nightlife
JME - Hyping (in fact I think the first line of this track is "Getting ready to go out")
I can also remember a small part in Kano's Boys Luv Girls about getting ready too: "fix myself up so I look cool, just right" etc.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I know this doesn't fit, genre-wise, but I've been thinking again recently about Petula Clark's "Downtown", which I love because its on the surface about how great it is to go out but is also fairly blatantly about being a bit sad & depressed & making up for it by escaping it for a meagre night out...it kinda works in conjunction with "Bedsitter" by Soft Cell, which is about the same feeling at the other end of the night, I guess...

Lol funny I hadnt read that when I posted the Bedsitter lyrics! Great minds and all that

Client Eastwood

Now look at what you gone and done Slack

I cant this image out of my head . . .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

john eden

male pale and stale
Gregory Isaacs - Raving Tonight, and also Party In The Slum

Oh and those rocksteady etc tunes:

"Put On Your Red Dress Tonight"
"Girl I've Got A Date"
"Wear You To the Ball" (U Roy)

woops

is not like other people
may be too obvious to state. but jumpin jumpin by destiny's child has the exact lyric about getting your hair done and your nails done too.

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
first one that comes to mind...

"We're Going Out" by Younger Younger 28's

edit: oh wait, just read the first post, this isnt what your looking for at all

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
the types who listened to Phil Collins

patrickbateman.jpg