oasis split thank fuck for that

hucks

Your Message Here
Not too excited about the idea of two separate solo projects, but otherwise hurrah

massrock

Alan McGee says it is a 'sad day for music'.

Probably quite a happy day for his coffers if he still owns any rights to their back catalogue. I'll bet he's got a box 'Columbia' 12"s somewhere.

crackerjack

i don't think liam is capable of doing anything on his own, it's like of mice and men.

ha ha

clearly Liam isn't gonna be writing any hits any day soon, but i wouldn't be surprised if he does ok - name rights (noel quit, and they were liam's band to being with, right?), plus the fact that liam + backing band will still sound like oasis, whereas noel without liam won't.

wasn't the lesson of floyd's split that, when the crowd have come to hear the oldies, it doesn't really matter if the songwriter has fucked off?

Last edited:

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
oh fucking hell- you're right- oasis actually haven't split- noel has left and that's not the same goddamn thing aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bollocks

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i remember reading somewhere that noel and paul weller like to get well licked and record freaky exotica dub sessions for daaays.. maybe now the dayjob's gone he can focus on that? hopefully he'll finally get to finish that thing he was working on for MIT press.. ('just roll with it: confronting the challenges in participatory culture')

also look out for noel headlining the acoustic village stage at next year's glasto. he could open up with a strumadelic rendition of 'i got 99 problems but our kid ain't one'....

CrowleyHead

Much like the career of Oasis, he kinda peaked in the mid 90's with that "George was always the quiet Beatle. He should keep that up!". 'cause, C'mon... that one was straight up priceless.

pajbre

'oasis was like a gift to him... finally a group that behaved like a group!'

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

woah: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
The Kodwo clip is great, cheers.

Noel's anti-goth/punk stance is just cuz he's a scally who hates moshers, innit. ;)

That one tune that ripped "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing" is quite funny.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i really hope liam does something fucking fucking fucking mindblowing and incredible.

man, that's some crazy level of hope you have there.

"if i didn't feel anxiety, maybe i'd be even more worried" - great slogan, from the eshun clip

noel interview is class. worrying thing is, on most of the points, he's got a point. he's like a machine of hate. i fucking hate that.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Used to love oasis back in the 'whats the story...' days. don't really give a shit now but i still rate the first 2 albums.