DJ Magic mix CD

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Grime mixtape of the year to date no question.

Badness over Duppy refix, Frisco over Mastersteps, Lee Brasco's tour of Bow over LWiz, Next Hype, RSMD, Frisco doing the "i was raised on Skibba, Shabba..." bars in the intro... nuts!

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
Should be more of these in the shop. Breaks down the quality control issues you get with artist mixtapes. Even though I dont like all the tracks, it is a good look. Grime DJs should do them at least once a year.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
great cd, really took me by surprise - but what's the 2-step track chipmunk's freestyling over/ruining on track 3???? it's on the tip of my tongue and is driving me insane!!!

like the use of garage stuff throughout - say what you will about uninventive use of old garage in new sets and blah blah but griminal and lil narst over 'gladiator' makes me want to throw teacups at the wall out of hype

Blackdown

nexKeysound
< rant >

i need to get this off my chest, i'm starting to fucking HATE "chippy" chipmunk esp when he comes on the radio. it's his arrogance: what has he actually got to be so confident about, with his awful mersh lite tunes and c-list grime status?

< /.rant. >

tom lea

i need to get this off my chest, i'm starting to fucking HATE "chippy" chipmunk esp when he comes on the radio. it's his arrogance: what has he actually got to be so confident about, with his awful mersh lite tunes and c-list grime status?

hahah. massive co-sign.

gumdrops

co-co-sign. technically he is/was really really good, flow-wise. but hes incredibly shallow. his main selling point is his ambition it seems.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
Thank you Ory! and THANK YOU Blackdown for summing up my thoughts exactly! He really does come across as an arrogant little twat - compare it to the way Tinchy conducts himself when he is one person who could be forgiven for being pretty gassed up at this point...

Elijah

Butterz
< rant >

< /.rant. >

Haha!! Agree though, quiet confidence is always a better look. Or just straight up being humble. The diva like behaviors of some of the grime acts is shocking.

hucks

Your Message Here
< rant >

< /.rant. >

I was at the Time Out thing at the Opera House (ygetme) and Chipmunk had an entire row of girls pushed up to the front of the stage singing along to every word, telling him they loved him. So I think that is what he's got to be confident about. And jesus, he's like 18 or something, and he's had top 10 hits - that would turn anyone's head. Chipmunk does have some warmth and charisma, even if it is basically the confidence cum arrogance of a teenager who's never failed

OT Wiley was there also, phoning in a piss poor performance, doing half a verse of each tune before getting bored. Obv it's understandable why; it was the bar at the Opera House, the acoustics weren't what he was used to (and he let us know that, ad nauseum), there were only middle class tourists and kids there, but, y'know, don't bother doing it if you're going to hate it so much.

Edit: Anyway, sorry, I remember what I came here for - where can I get this mix CD?

Last edited: