sydney dust storm

zhao

there are no accidents
sure it's not one of Anish Kapoor's new projects?

anish-kapoor-dismemberment1.jpg

polystyle

Red, dry and apocalyptic

It was over by end of day right Luca ?

Mr. Sloane - your mention of Hardware jogged some memories !

Lots of news overage by last night, sat imagery of wide swath of dust blowing through...
At least it's dust from within the country !

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

"Hi! This is Angry Bob, the man with the industrial dick! Comin to you loud and clear on W>A>R radio....rise and shine folks! it's a beautiful day! just look at that sky! it's a WORK OF ART! huh! Nature never knew colours like that! and the good news....is there's nooooo fuckin' good news! So let's rock, with one of our golden oldies...."

Cue Ministry...man I loved that film.

low band

It was over by end of day right Luca ?

Lots of news overage by last night, sat imagery of wide swath of dust blowing through...
At least it's dust from within the country !

The I'm on Mars feeling was over by around 9am, with normal service returning early afternoon.
I walk to work across a couple of parks with good views over the city, and on this morning you could barely make out the sky scrapers, one building that did stand out was the crows nest tower which being bathed in red light and partially obscured by dust looked spectacular, the intensity of the red light when I woke was pretty incredible, sadly my cameras SD card died a few days ago and I was unable to get a shot of me in my old AAA t-shirt.

luka

the funny thing is that dust travelled hundreds of miles to settle on my coffee table.
theres no desert near sydney.
i didn't know you were in sydney lowband.... thats interesting.
whereabouts?
unless you're someone i already know under a new name.

low band

I'm currently in Glebe, been here since the start of the year.

Left the UK about 12 months ago.

Are you a Sydneysider then Luka?

low band

heh, yeah I'm of the opinion I would be quite happy to stay here over the various other parts of Sydney that I've visited so far. It has an interesting history and the sort of community feel I used to get in Hackney.

They've fucked the park up opposite the AB Hotel though.

luka

yeah what is going on with that park? i never used it anyway to be honest though. you might catch me down blackwattle bay or victoria park.

the problem with glebe is its a divided neighbourhood, literally, st johns rd divides rich from poor and the twain dont meet. it gives it an atmosphere im not always comfortble with, a mutual fear and loathing, unless its just in my imagination....

low band

yeah what is going on with that park? i never used it anyway to be honest though. you might catch me down blackwattle bay or victoria park.

the problem with glebe is its a divided neighbourhood, literally, st johns rd divides rich from poor and the twain dont meet. it gives it an atmosphere im not always comfortble with, a mutual fear and loathing, unless its just in my imagination....

Yeah, there is certainly a division, not something that has a distinctive line (it never does), but you certainly feel a difference north/south of St Johns Road. Mitchell Street is a strange one, I've been meaning to head East down there sometime, towards Ultimo.

Have you been down Queen Street, around the corner from the Friend in Hand pub just of Glebe Road? Lots of wooden sculptures and carvings in all the front areas outside the houses, quite strange.

Btw, they've laid a wide tarmac path around that park, just enough width for a police car...

luka

yeah i been round there/ i don't like GPR at all but i do like to walk round the backstreets, nice gardens and all that...
whats teh best things you've found in sydney so far?
for me its probably that goulds books in newtown.