Post me a song you like that's new to you...

lazybrowndog

seen this mentioned a couple of places recently - Ed DMX's fact 20 acid ... somewhere else too ... anyway - been listening to it constantly - really poppy fun and simple

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IdleRich

IdleRich
"this is Nolan Porter"
Fantastic song, Joy Division nicked the bassline for Interzone but I like the original best. Just got that wired repetitiveness that burrows into your head.

Benny Bunter

I'm loving this atm, discovered via zomby's twitter (he's always linking to cool stuff)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

does Ariel pink have something to do with this or what?

LickShots

from one of the radio stations on gta4.

STN

sou'wester
Yeah context of hearing is good - I found mine while looking up Willie DeVaughan's Be Thankful for what you've Got for my mum.

Rich - according to the youtube comments Joy Division also covered it, but it was never released. Not that outlandish I suppose, as they covered Turn the Heater On by Keith Hudson.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Probably not new to most of you but:

CrowleyHead

this song just does it for me, everything I'd want in song...

nochexxx

harco pronting
aletti hipped me to this, had to run out and get the record straight away. dissapointed that the rest of the lp was gash.

re-love caboose.
more so than ever there seems to be lots of bands rehashing 80's pastiche, from the top of my head ariel pink and john mouse are the few artists i can relisten too.

crackerjack

Never heard of these guys til last week, now I'm gonna see em on Sunday :)

oh, god, that's not gonna work is it...

edit: woo hoo

IanTheM

Tame Horse
I'd always been aware of Dudziak, since I'm Polish. But I never knew she went on these kinds of electronic excursions. Crazy electronic/a cappella stuff. Found via faltydls twitter.

nochexxx

harco pronting
I'd always been aware of Dudziak, since I'm Polish. But I never knew she went on these kinds of electronic excursions. Crazy electronic/a cappella stuff. Found via faltydls twitter.

wow! at first glance it made me think of lena platonos. not sure if this comparison is at all accurate however.

BareBones

wheezy
some really sweet tunes here so far, thanks

probably not very obscure but i heard this arthur russell tune for the first time this week, it's amazing. i was just listening to calling out of context on spotify as i hadn't heard that album before. the whole album is pretty great.