Sons of Anarchy

STN

sou'wester
Anyone seen this biker drama from one of the people who did The Shield? I cannot wait to watch it.

crackerjack

Anyone seen this biker drama from one of the people who did The Shield? I cannot wait to watch it.

yep, just season 1. love it, though its pretensions t being west coast sopranos set the bar higher than they can reach. bravo showed it here, 2nd season about to air in the US. apparently there's all sorts of hamlet undercurrents to it but, er, i wouldn't know about things like that

polystyle

Have continually passed on this,
mostly due to the one actor ( used to play that underworld dwelling lion human in what was it ? Beauty & The Beast ? - with Linda H later of Terminator ) .
it's good huh ?

Did like The Shield tho'

crackerjack

Have continually passed on this,
mostly due to the one actor ( used to play that underworld dwelling lion human in what was it ? Beauty & The Beast ? - with Linda H later of Terminator ) .
it's good huh ?

Did like The Shield tho'

Is that the main man? He's good, got a bit of Warren Oates' grizzle about him.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
It also marks the return of Drea De Matteo, though in a tragically fully clothed role.

is there a 'drools' emoticon?

Ron P gave a typically spare, effective performance in La Cité des enfants perdus; love that film

apparently he's set to play Judge Holden in a Blood Meridian flick?! (i know the Cormac McCarthy novel has been called unfilmeable, and w bloody good reason!) so i heard anyway

Last edited:

crackerjack

Good as it is, it's not a patch on Breaking Bad (chemistry teacher gets cancer, so starts cooking meth to raise money for his family). I wasn't totally convinced by 1st series, but the 2nd is incredible.

polystyle

Yes , Breaking Bad has had it's moments , plot moves.
Weeds as well, thought it went a bit downhill once they burned themselves out of their cushy Cali lair, the move South season was strained, they tried to help rating by showing more boobs ( worked for fans ).
People watch for biz tips .

Ory

warp drive
watched episode 1 of SoA and thought it was a bit rubbish. too many B-actors. it's even got the wife from 'married with children' ffs.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i'd file it under watchable shit, but even that's pushing it. actually it's rubbish. some scenes make me want to run a mile. very a-team in places. i'm still looking for a really good drama series to get stuck into.

Blip

i'd file it under watchable shit, but even that's pushing it. actually it's rubbish. some scenes make me want to run a mile. very a-team in places. i'm still looking for a really good drama series to get stuck into.

Would say above watchable, but can't touch the Shield at all. Second season has Henry Rollins on it.

Will try Breaking Bad, thanks for the tip.