remember the jackalope
caught Faust last night
unfuckingmissable

my first time catching them
i was looking forward to it, though i was prepared to be disappointed
it was a singular experience

GO!

here are tour dates:
<table><tbody><tr><td>Sep 30th</td> <td>Schenectady, NY</td> <td>GE Theatre @ Proctors</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 1st</td> <td>Brooklyn, NY</td> <td>Music Hall of Williamsburg, WFMU Festival</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 3rd</td> <td>Montreal, QC</td> <td>Pop Montréal Festival - daytime workshop followed by evening performance</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 4th</td> <td>Toronto. ON</td> <td>The Polish Combatants Hall</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 5th</td> <td>Detroit, MI</td> <td>Detroit Museum of Contemporary Art - workshop</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 6th</td> <td>Detroit, MI</td> <td>Detroit Museum of Contemporary Art - performance</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 7th</td> <td>Chicago, IL</td> <td>Empty Bottle</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 8th</td> <td>Columbus, OH</td> <td>Wexner Center for the Arts</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 9th</td> <td>Lexington, KY</td> <td>Buster's - Boomslang - WRFL's Festival</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 10th</td> <td>Athens, GA</td> <td>40 Watt Club</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 11th</td> <td>Athens, GA</td> <td>venue TBA - workshop, presented by AUX</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 16th</td> <td>Newport, Isle of Wight</td> <td>1:30-3:30pm, A lecture at Platform One College of Music </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Oct 24th</td> <td>Barrow-in-Furness, UK</td> <td> Full of Noise Festival </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Nov 29th</td> <td>Athens, Greece</td> <td>Kyttaro Live</td></tr></tbody></table>

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
a few years ago when i was still living in london i came up to visit the folks for the weekend and couldn't believe my eyes when i saw in the leisure section of the gazette that keith rowe, colin potter and phil mouldycliff were lined up to play the upstairs of a local bar. it was a pretty surreal experience.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
fucking cumbrians. always get the best gigs.

What did Faust do for the gig you saw? When I've seen them there's been abundant chainsaw action and smoke bombs.

FON Festival

FON Festival
Faust at FON

Faust have asked for all sorts of industrial tools for the Barrow show. They're going to be doing a one-off show for us accompanying FW Murnau's Faust film from the 30's. Tragically, no-one in Cumbria has even bought a ticket yet...

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
i don't want to give anything away but faust started with something of a sound collage/performance piece

then they played songs as murnau's faust was projected behind them, along with some other video

songs i could name off the top:

jennifer
krautrock
the sad skinhead
giggy smile

they did use power tools (cement mixer and some metalworking tools i can't name)
and they used household appliances
did a bit of ironing and vacuuming

i would not want to be faust's roadie
gear was strewn all over the stage
must have been a dozen or more mikes all over the place
and they just roamed around the venue with various instruments

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
James Johnston from Gallon Drunk/The Bad Seeds and his wife Geraldine are playing with them now, I bumped into him the other day and he was soooo excited about doing it, it was so nice to hear a musician being enthusiastic, genuinely, rather than braggadocio bluster.

I saw Faust at the QEH some time ago and I remember coming out thinking it was one of
the best gigs I'd ever seen, would really like to see them again.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
^ yeah that's the thing about them
almost childlike enthusiasm for playing
and so free of pretense (surprisingly)
they offered to autograph whatever

and the night before they did a workshop
a few friends went to that
sausage party, apparently