Pop derived from Grime

continuum

smugpolice
This is ace -
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Terror Danja production is soooo good. Please post other pop derived from grime.

nomos

Administrator
sorry if this is a dumb question but kylie's 'give it to me' has that sound from wonder's 'what.' did one sample the other? preset? same year.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
it's like the so solid times again
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

michael

Bring out the vacuum
tinchy stryder's new single sampling mid nineties house

Bizarre, that's actually more housey than the original - the Olive one was doing that sorta proggy sounds over breaks thing... Although undoubtedly there were lots of big house mixes.

gumdrops

mz bratt is shit but i fancy her.

always get her mixed up with mz beats though.

n dubz have apparently done a track with gary barlow but cant get clearance for it.

Benny Bunter

That Mz Bratt tune is great, thanks for the heads up on that. Just having a listen to her free mixtape now, its quite fun.

don_quixote

Trent End
that olive track, it's also sampled on the major lazer album right? on keep it goin louder? or am i just imagining that?

outraygeous

Dear N Dubz

please stack all your doe from now as things are about to get expensive.

speak to So Solid for advice

continuum

smugpolice
judging from Chipmunk's tweets I think this is selling ok on itunes since being released at the weekend
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Interesting business model that Tinchy and his management have worked out - they pay other people to write the songs/ sample other people's, then tour off the success of that but only sell T-shirts on the stalls, no CDs.

Article last week said he's going to clear 500, 000 in T-shirt profit this year, meaning that they're seeing the music as purely a marketing tool for the T-shirts. Kinda brilliant.