bun-u

Trumpet Police
Dirty_Canvas5.jpg

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Then in April...

Dirty_Canvas_7april.jpg

c'mon there must be some interest in either of these shows...or are you dudes all hipster metal these dayz?

;)

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
These look absolutely brilliant, both the flyers and lineups. Can't make the March one, at a Bloc Weekender, but April sounds good.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Okay a bit more info about both nights…

We will be taking over the Rhythm Factory on Friday 23rd March and will be hosting Roll Deep’s launch of their new album/mixtape Rules and Regulations (a rare performance in their native East End). Performing on the night will be Scratchy, Flow Dan, Riko, Breeze and Skepta, with Karnage on the decks

The main room will also have the massive Ruff Sqwad and DJs Plastician and Magic on the decks.

The second room is curated by Zezi & Kesh aka the Coconut Twins, who have invited the cream of grindie/neu rave/2stepcore scenes Silverlink, Tapedeck, Martelo and Teens of Thailand…

DIRTY CANVAS
Friday 23 March, 2007
10.00pm – 3.00am
£10
The Rhythm Factory
16 - 18 Whitechapel Rd, London E1 1EW

Dirty Canvas in association with Don’t Panic presents:
Roll Deep – for the official launch of Rules and Regulations Vol 1
Ruff Sqwad
Plastician (BBC Radio 1)
DJ Magic (Soul 2 Streets / Dirty Canvas)
(2nd) Party room curated by the Coconut Twins

Then just a couple of weeks later we are back home at the ICA on Saturday 7th April, a night headlined by Boy Better Know to mark the release of Frisco’s Back 2 da lab Vol 2 mixtape. On the back of the success of the first, volume 2 sees Frisco working with Sem, Apple, Plastician, Rapid and P.Jam. As well as Frisco, Boy Better Know comprises grime’s famous Adenuga brothers JME and Skepta. Joseph Adenuga aka Skepta is one of grime’s smarter and more diligent entrepreneurs in the UK Music industry, he became renowned throughout Greater London due to his hit singles, “Duppy” and "Private Caller". His younger sibling JME aka Jamie Adenuga has risen to prominence through 2006, by releasing four of the best received mixtapes of the scene, “Shh Hut Yuh Muh”, “Poomplex” “Derkhead” and “Tropical”.

The night will include performances by Big Narstie & Solo performing BRUSHMAN, Goldielocks performing with Big Frisco himself, Essentials performing SO MUCH BETTER, Hendy, Lay Z and the full Boy Better Know fam performing tracks from back 2 da lab vols 1 & 2....other guests include, Trim, Lay-Z, Prez T, Killer P, Jamakabi, Cookie, Black Da Ripper plus more...

DIRTY CANVAS
Saturday 7 April, 2007
9.00pm – 2am
£7.50/£6.50 concs
ICA, The Mall, London

Dirty Canvas in association with Don’t Panic presents:
Boy Better Know
The Essentials
GoldieLocks
Hendy
Big Narstie
Lay Z
DJ Magic

bun-u

Trumpet Police
You can get tickets in advance by going to the DC myspace (scroll to the buy me button above the flyer). You'll probably be okay on the door but get down earlyish to be sure.

Ruff Sqwad are on first - betw 11-12, Roll Deep later

john eden

male pale and stale
You can get tickets in advance by going to the DC myspace (scroll to the buy me button above the flyer). You'll probably be okay on the door but get down earlyish to be sure.

Ruff Sqwad are on first - betw 11-12, Roll Deep later

Useful info - appreciated.

Heading up to sheffield early the next day with a Grime shipment for the impoverished masses up there...

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Why, you doing anything fun?

:D

I think I now know what I'm getting for my 40th birthday from John!

That's right - a full-size cut-out of KT Tunstall!

I'll have you know that there is actually a place up here called Grimethorpe. And yes, it is ironic, I was on at John about grime for years but he ignored me - even ignored Kevin Martin bending his ear. It's all different now!