23 Minutes Over Brussels

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Sorry, not a Suicide thread.

Alison's spending five months in Brussels starting fairly soon, so I'm probably going to be spending a fair bit of time over there.

Does anyone have any clues about what's going on musically? We're up for weirdy-beardy Cafe OTO type stuff or alternatively anything with a beat you can dance to. Recommendations for venues, specific nights or where to look for listings and flyers are all good.

Thanks!

Numbers

The canonical spots to go out are above all the Fuse, but as well Recyclart or Botanique. There is not so much an established club circuit, but a rather rich concentration of cultural institutions, concert venues (AB, VK, the already mentioned Botanique, etc) and bars, some of which throw the occasional party in their buildings (or even outside in the parcs during summer). The Museum night fever this weekend, for example.

For flyers etc, you might want to head, for example, to hipster clothing shop Mr. Ego. They should be able to help with more up to date information.

For the past decades, Belgium has had quite a blooming contemporary dance scene -the performative arts, not the generic music genre- so you might want to have a look at that as well (in KVS or Kaaitheater, for example).

Feel free to send me a message if you need more information.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I have very fond memories of getting into Fuse for about 7 euros on New Year's Eve. Brussels was beautiful in the snow, but I'm guessing it's not as cheap these days.