sadmanbarty

EDIT: NEW COMERS, THIS IS JUST ME BEING NAUGHTY! I'M NOT A NAZI!

It is now a hinderence to innovative new music.

Last edited:

luka

Everyone looking at that gingerly like it's an unexploded bomb and keeping well away

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
agreed. It can only be innovative music for goldsmiths students who want to cling onto the dwindling aristocratic lines they have leftover from the 19th and 20th c. now it's time to create the unitary, invariant and monolithic world culture which will put an end to all kinds of existential angsty chatter and deplorable indie aesthetics. if we have multiculture we have to accept indie rock, emo rock, pop punk, maher zane, zain malik, nasheeds, sami yusuf, Brian Eno. death to multiculturalism, death to britain, death to farage!

sadmanbarty

agreed. It can only be innovative music for goldsmiths students who want to cling onto the dwindling aristocratic lines they have leftover from the 19th and 20th c. now it's time to create the unitary, invariant and monolithic world culture

I’m actually arguing the opposite.

Dancehall, afrobeats, afroswing, ‘tropical’ pop and even bits of rap all sound the same. It is this homogenised global music. I was in Greece when I first heard dua lipa and other similar pop and thought it was some Greek edm, it bore no distinct cultural identity.

I’m arguing for everyone to retreat back into their isolated cultural foxholes and create their own distinctive aesthetics again. Only them can they be blended and fused once.

The most innovative music of the 2010’s was also the most inwardly focussed culturally. That wasn’t the case in previous decades.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i mean the thing is trance is bigger than afroswing, it's bigger than dancehall, it's bigger than even jump up drum and bass, the english and dutch east India companies have been triumphant. Why are you trying to push a tendancy to victory when its already succeeded?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i mean this is what you want. english progressive, triumphant and hence like true imperial nostalgics calling itself the global underground of club culture. this is probably what vim gets hard ons to.

droid

Dancehall, afrobeats, afroswing, ‘tropical’ pop and even bits of rap all sound the same. It is this homogenised global music. I was in Greece when I first heard dua lipa and other similar pop and thought it was some Greek edm, it bore no distinct cultural identity.

I’m arguing for everyone to retreat back into their isolated cultural foxholes and create their own distinctive aesthetics again. Only them can they be blended and fused once.

The most innovative music of the 2010’s was also the most inwardly focussed culturally. That wasn’t the case in previous decades.

But thats not multiculturalism, its a uniform aesthetic based on capitalist assimilation and regurgitation of local culture as commodity.

This is a good illustration of the tend you describe actually. An incredible amount of Western influenced pop on global stations. I always end up back in West Africa.

http://radio.garden

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"The trick with JD is to wait patiently until LIGHTNING strikes...his mixes are more like mood sculptures anyway."

That's british culture to a t. who wants to listen to mood sculptures in the club?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like sometimes i sympathise with the bnp, who wants to be terrorised by a qatari sheikh buying up all our houses and charging us extortionate rents?

'multiculturalism has gone too far mate' *mmm, nods head.*
'we need to give power back to the british people over how they want to be ruled' *mmmm nods head*
'if this continues our cultural and british values will be eroded'

Bitch you don't have a fucking culture though! Your culture has been eroded from the fucking 16th century onwards, unless you literally want to be an aleister crowley creating his own nonsense theology, get real!

luka

I think you'll have to wait till god topples this iteration of the tower of babel for that to happen. Or go native with an uncontacted amazon tribe cos failing that there are no isolated cultural foxholes. Everyone lives exactly the same life except maybe its jollof rice once a week in this household, biriyani in that. The homogenisation of experience is total.

luka

Thirdform is such a romantic he wants to pretend that only the English have been stripped of a culture, as if everywhere else its hearty peasant stews and folk song round the campfire, wild gypsy dances till dawn.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
cnut.jpg

sadmanbarty

I think you'll have to wait till god topples this iteration of the tower of babel for that to happen. Or go native with an uncontacted amazon tribe cos failing that there are no isolated cultural foxholes. Everyone lives exactly the same life except maybe its jollof rice once a week in this household, biriyani in that. The homogenisation of experience is total.

i was speaking relatively. drill's more monocultural than jungle and garage.

mumble rap more so than timbaland-era rap.

drill and mumble rap are more innovative than contemporary music that's more multi-cultural.

white people only make black music now where they'd be better off trying to make sonically articulate whiteness in a way that's never been done before.

sadmanbarty

music won't benefit from trying to draw in middle eastern, indian and asian music to a far greater degree than it has already.

luka

Do people in a multicultural society naturally arrange themselves into these ethnic groups, more so than aesthetic preferences or personal temperement, or politics for instance
?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ok no joke i was a bit worried that josef k would try and out this forum under a fake antifa group but barty's thankfully put that to rest.