Bob Marley.

luka

just heard Bob coming out a car. sounded joyful. reminded me he is the least fashionable artist and has been for as long as i can remember.

legend.

luka

in 1997-98 there were two reggae djs on 'community radio', bobo el numero uno and his mate whos name ive forgotten and their thing was "a Marley a day keeps the Dr away" so they started every show with a Marley record. it was great. i listened to them religiously.

luka

dont even try to talk about those boring scratchy lee perry things on this thread

DannyL

Wild Horses
A mate of mine did a Wailers special on his radio show last week. It's all killer: I know for him Marley was the entry drug to lifetime's obsession.

luka

do you remember when Sizzla kicked the living shit out of Beenie Man (i think it might have been in an airport in Germany) for saying he was bigger than Bob Marley?

DannyL

Wild Horses
He's been around for a bit - maybe seen him on my Facebook? Him and a mate have been doing Revive nights for a few years, on and off.

DannyL

Wild Horses
What I like about this show is you can here the later Marley implicit in all the old stuff. It makes all kinda links, grounation drumming in the first track for instance. You read A Brief History of Seven Killings, Luka? I really enjoyed it. Seems somehow weird in terms of canon when Marley goes literary.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Having a work of "serious" literature produced about him (or around him) indicates a certain middle-classification which I am contributing to by mentioning it.

DannyL

Wild Horses
It's a series of interwoven stories connected to the attempt on Marley's life in 1976 in a kinda weird David Peace style. It's good - I enjoyed the JA history and found it very readable though it's a bit hard to follow at times. There was some weird ghost rastas murdering someone at one stage and I had no idea what was happening.

version

I find it difficult to get excited about him, some of it's pretty fun (Punky Reggae Party, Could You be Loved), but there's a lot of his stuff that I just find boring. I've always hated the intro of Redemption Song too.