Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My first inaugural CHOON OF THE DAY is

Kate Bush - Watching You Without Me

I have chosen this one cos the bassline is totally fucked. Like a big animal dying, or being disturbed in its sleep.

Plus she's singing like that dwarf in Twin Peaks. I think she's telling me to pick this as CHOON OF THE DAY, but backwards.

What is your CHOON OF THE DAY?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I didn't want to jump the gun on my CHOON OF THE DAY today, but Spotify shuffle has plonked some manna in my ears so...

Krome & Time - The Slammer

Because in these dark times, this is a slice of pure, unadulterated joy. Proof that cheese can be divine (especially on crackers with some grapes on the side).

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Thank you Crowley, that really is magic. It's the sort of CHOON I can imagine downing MDMA-spiked Diet 7-Up to at 4 in the afternoon at a festival with my friends.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Great idea for a thread. Is it bad form to post a choon when there's already been a choon today? I want to plonk this here:

Spot on description of the bassline in the KB song in the first post. As a bassist myself I'm intrigued at how the sound was created - I guess an acoustic double bass with some kind of weird filter applied to it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
No, not bad form, the idea is that EVERYONE can post ONE CHOON per day.

Here is mine:

Vybz Kartel - Yuh Love

This seems a bit bait to post cos everybody probably knows it but then again this isn't about being obscure it's about bringing the joy of creation into all our lives, and realistically I'm not going to find anything better than this today.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

Don't get me wrong, this is a great song, but its very much focus group, manufactured pop. Disclosure is popular, so is Kenrick Lamar's 'Alright'. They just put the chorus of the latter on the music of the former. Results are fantastic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.