Dissensus upgrade

sufi

lala
in conventional webmastery one would warn users before carrying out works, however, in this case, i upgraded the site software yesterday evening, you probably didn't notice it was away for a few minutes..It seems to have worked ok?

I got an email from vbulletin about a security issue that needed patching, so now it's on the latest version of vb4 (vb5 is rubbish and costly). Looks like the customisations survived, more or less.

I can see also that a "Mobile Style" has appeared (in the style dropdown at the bottom of the page) that wasn't there before was it? Let us know if it's any good, or if you spot anything else new and useful, or crap.

Comments, requests, suggestions, recommendations, advice, abuse, paypal donations to sufi@metronet.co.uk as usual. i will take Woebot out for tea.

Leo

Not sure if this is the right place to post about Dissensus technical difficulties but I'm now unable to post images from my computer. When I click on the icon and select "from computer", I can select and upload the image but there isn't any "cancel" and "OK" buttons at the bottom of the box to actually post it.

I've has some weird things going on lately with my FlashPlayer, is that related to my problem? Appreciate any help...

sufi

lala
hmmm i had to click to confirm that i was happy with javascript whatnot, and refresh the page, then the "add an image from your computer" popup had 3 buttons screenshot.jpg

not sure this function has improved with the upgrade, but no idea how to roll it back i'm afraid

Attachments

• 30BBKingFisher.jpg
    30BBKingFisher.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 4
  • https _blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com_uploads_card_image_115793_meteorite.jpg
    https _blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com_uploads_card_image_115793_meteorite.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 4

Leo

thanks, sufi. i can now get that far too, but then when i select upload, there's an error and nothing happens. oh well.

sufi

lala
it rejected 1 of the images i tried, not sure why but possibly the filename was too complicated. it displayed a little red X to let me know

Leo

it rejected 1 of the images i tried, not sure why but possibly the filename was too complicated. it displayed a little red X to let me know

yes, i get the little x on the right side after selecting the file but before trying to upload. the x is for when you want to deselect the file, right?

once i've selected a file and hit upload, an orange circle with exclamation point inside appears in place of the x. it's a png file with a short (four character) file name.

sufi

lala
None that I know of. You could go about it by using custom search parameters already built into vB.

The url below will give you a list of all threads with posts since the users last visit sorted by the number of replies to those threads.

Code:
http://www.[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]YOURSITENAME[/COLOR].com/forum/search.php?do=process&[COLOR="Red"]searchdate[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=lastvisit[/COLOR]&[COLOR="red"]beforeafter[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=after[/COLOR]&[COLOR="red"]sortby[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=replycount[/COLOR]&[COLOR="red"]order[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=descending[/COLOR]&[COLOR="red"]showposts[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=0[/COLOR]&[COLOR="red"]childforums[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=1[/COLOR]

Use the search parameters below to customize it how you'd like. You may find something that'll give you exactly what you want.

The base URL will always be:
Code:
http://www.[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]YOURSITENAME[/COLOR].com/forum/search.php?do=process

When you add a search parameter to the base URL it will be formatted like this:
Code:
&[COLOR="Red"]variable_name[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=value[/COLOR]

Search field: Search by Key Word

Variable name: titleonly
Values:
0 = Search Entire Posts
1 = Search Titles Only

Search field: Search by User Name

Variable name: searchuser
Values:
Enter a username

Variable name: starteronly
Values:
0 = Find Posts by User
1 = Find Threads Started by User

Variable name: exactname
Values:
0 = Partial name
1 = Exact name

Search field: Find Threads with

Variable name: replyless
Values:
0 = At Least
1 = At Most

Variable name: replylimit
Values:
Any integer values

Search field: Find Posts from

Variable name: searchdate
Values:
0 = Any Date
lastvisit = Your Last Visit
1 = Yesterday
7 = A Week Ago
14 = 2 Weeks Ago
30 = A Month Ago
90 = 3 Months Ago
180 = 6 Months Ago
365 = A Year Ago

Variable name: beforeafter
Values:
after = and Newer
before = and Older

Search field: Sort Results by

Variable name: sortby
Values:
rank = Relevancy
title = Title
replycount = Number of Replies
views = Number of Views
threadstart = Thread Start Date
lastpost = Last Posting Date
postusername = User Name
forum = Forum

Variable name: order
Values:
descending = in Descending Order
ascending = in Ascending Order

Search field: Show Results as

Variable name: showposts
Values:
0 = Show Results as Threads
1 = Show Results as Posts

Search field: Search in Forum(s)

Variable name: forumchoice[]
Values:
Do not include this variable in the URL to search all forums. If you want to search specific forums then you need to add an instance for each forumid. For example:
Code:
&[COLOR="red"]forumchoice[][/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=X[/COLOR]&[COLOR="red"]forumchoice[][/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=Y[/COLOR]&[COLOR="red"]forumchoice[][/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]=Z[/COLOR]
Where X, Y, and Z are the forumids of the forums in which you want to search.

Variable name: childforums
Values:
0 = Do not search in child forums
1 = Also search in child forums
from vb.org

In addition to being able to find your own first ever post (search currenly only returns your most recent 500 posts) I'd like tp be able to find what was posted "on this day 10 years ago", so if anyone fancies mucking about with these, let us now what you come up with