sobriety

luka

it's my new thing. im well into it.has anyone got any experience with sobriety? i might make it a permanant lifestyle choice. my mte who was a massive h/meth addict when i was knocking about with him said life is even weirder straight and that was a big motivating thing for me, i like it weird.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I took three months off booze two years ago. Without any downers to balance me out,I felt endlessly high/jittery from sugar/coffee, so I probably would have coped with it better had I moderated my intake of those two substances as well.

Apart from that it was fine, though I quickly noticed that after 7pm there are very few social space alternatives to the pub. The UK is particularly wedded to alcohol.

I quite enjoyed the fact that, without booze, it was much harder to lie to myself when I felt bored. I probably ended up doing more of the things that I really wanted to do.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
haha.

I probably went to more clubs/gigs than pubs when I was sober. The shite people talk after 4/5 pints.

Lichen

Wilderness

I laid off booze for Lent a few years ago (40 days and 40 days, unbelievers)
It was great, though towards the end I got fed up with my own over-lively, sober brain.