mai lyst

craner

Beast of Burden
Sort of tempting to do this sort of thing but after about 30 choices I'm sure I'd be thinking "why?"

I love Matt's lists, though. I did an affectionate (and admiring) parody of them on here once.

luka

Sort of tempting to do this sort of thing but after about 30 choices I'm sure I'd be thinking "why?"

I love Matt's lists, though. I did an affectionate (and admiring) parody of them on here once.

i started thinking that after 3 choices.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
'Roni Size - All The Crew Big Up' brought me back here somehow, the first time I've managed to login to dissensus in some years.

luka

on the corner is a record which has slipped into the canon without really being seen yet. i mean that its a very peculiar record and the ways in which its peculiar havent been teased out, identified, enumerated

luka

it's a record which makes me think because it's a record which i find it very hard to love. i'm intrigued by people who say they love it.

luka

it's very different from the other electric miles stuff, from bitches brew, in a silent way etc because they are more or less records of landscape and atmosphere/and this very obviously isnt. it's about rhythm but such a strange investigation of it/looked at from such an unusual angle/the naturalism isn't there. it's almost mathematical/like a tropical factory

luka

i like the record because i have to invent new ways of listening just to hear it at all

luka

it's a very beautiful piece of machinery. the synchronizing of all those moving parts