10. “This is London”
11. (Keysound rain)
12. “Iqbal’s Groove ft Farrah”
13. “The Drumz of Nagano”
14. “Focus”

Release: Late July ‘08

Distribution: www.baked-goods.com
PR: Charles@Zzonked.co.uk

I have to say that this album is absolutely MENTALLY good. I have had it for the last two weeks or so and frankly I have listened to little else. At its best it is literally some of the best music I have ever heard. For my money, Con/Fusion, DisEast and Darker Than East are some of the most captivating, mind-fucking, sweet / sad / sly music out there. There's plenty of sub but almost no wobble, there's swing but it's totally blackdowned, it's a remarkably original and gloriously luminous album. It doesn't really sound like any other kind of dubstep or grime or garage you've heard - but it is FULL of earworms and hooks and hidden depths that take weeks to come out. I think it will be a challenging listen for a lot of people but it is chock full of the sonic patina of '00's urban life and is really worth getting into. Has anyone else got this yet?

benjybars

village elder.
I'd just like to say how good it is to see green lanes finally get the album cover recognition it deserves.

Okay, was not aware this existed. I'm interested although I've only heard two songs from the two of you. Very, actually.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
There's some stuff on there I think you'll really like, and not necessarily the obvious ones. Darker Than East is aural skunk - it will hang around in your brain for aaaages.

Surprised and impressed that Sick Boy is into Focus, cos it's not that grimey. Good tune though.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
I am definitely anticipating this record's release. I can't wait to see you what guys have in store for us on this one.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
album is doing so much.. as an aside i'm just listening to the june rinse podcast (never manage to catch the programme live for some reason).. what the hell is this zomby tune? incredible stuff. then straight into a starkey number which is just stupidly forward thinking.

my question is, which 'dubstep' djs are playing this kind of stuff out lately?

Numbers

my question is, which 'dubstep' djs are playing this kind of stuff out lately?

Good question. I know there are some other radio-shows covering this sound, but it would be interesting to know if this sound gets attention on the dancefloor as well.

Those two tracks are fantastic, btw. I must have relistened that bit of the podcast five times in a row yesterday afternoon.