DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ Lioness said:
Some of it doesnt have any Dub influences what so ever, should think about implimenting the name Techstep.

you are kidding right ???

and a lot of it doesn't even have any step either unlike ours which has both in various quantities...

CS1200461-02B-BIG.jpg

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/1200461-02.htm

...you might not think so to look at the artwork but please listen without prejudice and hopefully enjoy ;)

weird how they got us down as minmal tech house though...hmmm must be a cunning marketing ploy

Troy

31 Seconds
No dubstep today...

.. nor any other broken beat music. Today is 4-4 don't you know. Only House, Tecno, Trance and early jazz.

DJ PIMP

Really like that Skream (?) track Dutch Flowers...

Bubbly and bittersweet.

Is there anywhere I can buy the Skreamism EP in mp3 format?

Last edited:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Anyone heard the new VIP mix of Qawwali by Pinch? Its even more ridiculously, elegantly minimal... about three percussive sounds, a bass squelch and that medieval sounding melodica thing all set in a crypt of reverb... Griminal here we come! :mad:

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
@ HELL_SD

:p i did say "about" but yeah, them too. and road and some others. but given tempa's large catalogue they make for the biggest dent.

nonseq

autonomicforthepeople said:
for some reason Tempa is about the only label not doing digital downloads.
Understandable. I still think its strange to pay about the same for a nonmaterial copy of inferior quality as a material copy in hi rez with nice package, sentimental and resale value. Production and distribution costs for mp3 are much lower. And what about mastering? mp3 should have dedicated mastering, but the years of research and experience with vinyl and cd mastering are nonexistent for mp3.

nomos

Administrator
well it's not really the same price. i can get a pair of mp3s from Bleep for about CDN $3 whereas whenever i buy dubstep vinyl online it's minimum 5 quid (CDN $10) per record plus about as much again for shipping. i buy a lot of vinyl so i can mix it but if it were just for listening i think economic factors would override tactile pleasure most of the time.

mms

sometimes
nonseq said:
Understandable. And what about mastering? mp3 should have dedicated mastering, but the years of research and experience with vinyl and cd mastering are nonexistent for mp3.

they use the same masters.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I have some stuff from bleep that I also have on vinyl.

Surprisingly, the mp3s sound at least good as the vinyl despite the compression, especially in the bass. (And yes, my turntable set-up is pretty good -- dedicated phono amp etc.)

99p for a download is ridiculously cheap. You can splurge and simply not notice it in your pocket.

Still really looking forward to uncompressed downloads a la Beat Port -- Hell SD is leading the way on this with the Juno WAV downloads.

nomos

Administrator
2stepfan said:
I have some stuff from bleep that I also have on vinyl.

Surprisingly, the mp3s sound at least good as the vinyl despite the compression, especially in the bass. (And yes, my turntable set-up is pretty good -- dedicated phono amp etc.)
Yeah I've noticed that as well. We have a fairly decent system and the Bleep files stand up to scrutiny. They even sound more lively than my vinyl rips of the same tracks. Plus, since Hotflush got on board, they're offering 320kbps. Also, Kode 9 said the mp3-only release of "Fukkaz" was partly an experiment to see if people would cut dubs from it.

Re: the mastering thing...

mms is right. I asked Paul Rose if they remaster tracks for mp3 to account for compression and he said it wasn't feasible. They use the same masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.