thirdform

pass the sick bucket
do incels even exist in london i mean when im feeling sad i get a bottle of raki and some cocaine and beat my knob vigorously in commemoration of the victims of the massacres at karbala. I'm not even a shia. hence the idiosyncricism

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
how serious do you have to be
don't paint me into that corner man, not even about that

got no issue with things being dumb or crude. it's just such lazy garbage. so, so lazy. granted 3-6 isn't renowned for quality control but still.

it's not the misogyny, it's how tiresome it is. a bunch of sex rap cliches you've heard a million times. he isn't saying anything remotely interesting or in an interesting way.

if it makes you laugh, great. I'm not above laughing at dumb things. this doesn't make me laugh.

I find having to think about its boring, lazy badness wearying, in the way that considering lazy terrible art is wearying.

padraig (u.s.)

but also, it's just a song, nothing to get cut up over - I find it wearying, you may find it cathartic on some level

toss me something else and we'll try again

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
don't paint me into that corner man, not even about that

got no issue with things being dumb or crude. it's just such lazy garbage. so, so lazy. granted 3-6 isn't renowned for quality control but still.

it's not the misogyny, it's how tiresome it is. a bunch of sex rap cliches you've heard a million times. he isn't saying anything remotely interesting or in an interesting way.

if it makes you laugh, great. I'm not above laughing at dumb things. this doesn't make me laugh.

I find having to think about its boring, lazy badness wearying, in the way that considering lazy terrible art is wearying.

i wasn't referring to that. it is lazy, i am not denying that. i was referring to to incels, how serious do you have to to start up these forums just cos you don't get fanny? like fucking hel that is depressing. like can't these guys listen to some thug and sex rap and let all their anger out. do they really need to broadcast it to the world?

Last edited:

luka

the game is about getting past initial like/dislike /yes/no yummy/yuck /yay/boo
reactions. but it's great to see everyone having a crack. good on yas.

padraig (u.s.)

getting past
ya thanks I clocked that

I like trying to engage with things I don't like. there just nothing to get past here. there's no there there.

I generally don't like jazz or fusion or Miles Davis but some weird On the Corner outtake - there's something you can either way sink your teeth into

this isn't even bad in a strange or interesting way, like the inscrutability of Black Shampoo. just lazy and dull.

the only deeper feeling it provokes in me is the same gentle background throb of existential weariness as elevator music

actually I would be genuinely interested to see you/anyone try to substantively engage with "Lick My Nuts"

padraig (u.s.)

like by all means some true rap head come along and say something interesting about this or Slob On My Knob or whatever

I'm admittedly no expert but it hardly even sounds like good functional strip club music

if you once-over the YT comments its basically all 4 the lolz

padraig (u.s.)

it's election day and just like every other person in America I'm stressed af waiting to confirm the Dems at least win the House, and that sad fact just drives home how garbage the world feels rn, and I'd be very happy to forget that stress for a minute by reading some transcendental take on this laziness, I just don't see one forthcoming

luka

a great deal of it's beauty is borrowed form Curtis Mayfield's
'the makings of you' that gentle plucking, and rippling of strings, that pellucid resonance of piano, ripples in a lake.
so much information is contained in that tiny sample of song,
the firm but undemonstrative certainty of the fingers, that exquisite sensitivity and tact.
the sadness there too and the resignation. a feeling which is fading perhaps, that special kind of smiling sadness. that ruefulness, that holding on to something precious and magical for as long as we can, that fading ember, that coal burning out.

is there double bass in there too? or is that my imagination?

and hedged against that unashamed romanticism - pure puerility. a schoolground chant. lick my nuts lick my nuts. and delivered in a stupid cartoon voice.

the drums are so chunky and satisfying. such a reassuring presence. and the pattern they lead you through is such a simple but irresistible pleasure.

i don't like the bit where it changes though, with the strings and the vocal sample moaning and if i switch my attention to the lyrics i feel a bit let down.

Last edited:

luka

the background throb of existential weariness is always a good reaction to probe.

luka

another question to ask, one of the most important questions you can ask,
is what made the love song impossible? why can't the love song be achieved at this point
in the timeline? how did we lose that and can we get it back?

crowley was furious with pattycakes over his soul train anecdote, how, even as a fan of snoop
he had felt a huge gut punch of depression and and pain when the love songs gave way
to bitches aint shit but i think it does mark some terrible trauma. what happened?
how did we get here? questions for another thread.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

thoughts?

sorry, i was in najaf so didn;t have time to attend to this.

so, kick comes in first, sounds like clenched sphincter. repressed, closeted headmaster for some boarding school in the sixties.

synths sound like an itchy bum hole or a bad stomach.

the effects on the claps try and suggest something of the 'beyond', but are a bit too blake 7.

there's liberation in those high hats. coming across diagonally forming an x over my body. dashes of light a bout a meter long each that dissipate instantaniously.

the synth timbre changes and and it's comedic. i have too much humourous detatchment for it to have much physiological or emotional potency. actually it's makes my mouth want to oscilate between an oooh and aah shape, gradually shfiting between the two as the filter shifts. it's in an exaggerated, piss taking kind of way.

i'm not immersed in the music. it's not engulfing me. it's a very different experience from listening to music i enjoy. in the latter case my whole being would be subsumed but it, whereas this feels looking at something from the outside.

it's finished. i think near the end there where some 303 sounding bird tweeting sounds that sounded like drops of the golden light i was taking about earlier. little embers of it falling through the air.

padraig (u.s.)

and hedged against that unashamed romanticism
lmao duuuude

I expected some kind of utterly ridiculous classic dissensus contrarian sizzling hot take, but you firmly exceeded even those expectations - well done

definitely made me laugh and took my mind off the garbage real world for a minute - request fulfilled and I thank you for it

Attachments

• sea of fog.jpg
    sea of fog.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 27

luka

if curtis mayfields give me your love is not unabashed romanticism then i dont know what is.
how is that a hot take? its like, the most generic take possible.