Anything on telly tonight?

luka

Or might watch this dvd of fistful of dollars. Thought I'd get a lot of reading done out here not done fuck all though. Always the way.

luka

Might give that Scott Walker Crowley recommended a go. Not in a concentrating mood though really

luka

So far since getting here I've done Akira, Gremlins, Ghostbusters and Bill and Teds Bogus Journey. All good except for Gremlins.

luka

Totally forgot the phonebooth in The Matrix is a hat tip to Bill and Ted. The Keanuverse.

craner

Beast of Burden
I watched Gremlins at Christmas and thought it had aged extremely badly, unlike Ghostbusters which is better than ever.

craner

Beast of Burden
Bill and Ted, Speed and Point Break are the films that prove Keanu is not a terrible actor but one of the best of his generation.

luka

Ghostbusters has aged very well apart from some sex pol stuff and the odd scene where Dan Ackroyd gets an unexplained, uncontextualised nosh off a sexy lady ghost.

craner

Beast of Burden
Ghostbusters has aged very well apart from some sex pol stuff and the odd scene where Dan Ackroyd gets an unexplained, uncontextualised nosh off a sexy lady ghost.

Which was cut from the video I had off the telly for years before I got a DVD player. I don't remember that from seeing it in the cinema as a kid either, and I went three times. Lots of stuff in that film goes over your head as a child but reveals itself in later years. The script and performances add up to an ongoing and self-renewing miracle. I have never been bored watching it and I reckon I've done nearly 50 viewings since 1985.

luka

Which was cut from the video I had off the telly for years before I got a DVD player. I don't remember that from seeing it in the cinema as a kid either, and I went three times. Lots of stuff in that film goes over your head as a child but reveals itself in later years. The script and performances add up to an ongoing and self-renewing miracle. I have never been bored watching it and I reckon I've done nearly 50 viewings since 1985.

I'm anti Bill Murray and he's fairly grotesque in this but for whatever reason it didn't spoi it for me.

craner

Beast of Burden
I think it's the most quotable film ever. I still find myself weaving lines into my everyday life. Even minor throw away ones like "I looked at the trap, Ray!" are rich with associations and can be used in many situations.

It's a brilliant blockbuster, an subtle and not so subtle comedy, a romance, a fun horror for children, a cosmic drama, a classic New York movie, a Western-style gang romp, a buddy flick...a complete movie.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm anti Bill Murray and he's fairly grotesque in this but for whatever reason it didn't spoi it for me.

It is by far his greatest role, maybe anybody's greatest role, although he does also steal Tootsie. But yes otherwise an overrated character.