CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
weird how all these recent threads are converging in my mind cos i'm now thinking of slothrop's comment on hardcore how everything was for a brief time held in a sort of balance - and i think that's true, that the 'masculine' and 'feminine' were both there in almost equal measure

luka

That page of swamp thing/ is the only good thing/ in this thread.

14 syllables in this sentence. falling into three phases. the first with 5 beats, the second is 6, the final is 3. what time signature is that?

luka

14 syllables in this sentence. falling into three phases. the first with 5 beats, the second is 6, the final is 3. what time signature is that?

some kind of tresillo?

droid

Oddly enough its precisely the same time signature of this ongoing all consuming self-referential circle jerk. You can set your watch to it - if you could keep your hand still long enough.

luka

🔫:cool:
someones got up on the wrong side of bed! what direction would you like to see the forum moving in? lets have a positive contribution and perhaps we can accomodate your suggestions.

sadmanbarty

🔫:cool:
someones got up on the wrong side of bed! what direction would you like to see the forum moving in? lets have a positive contribution and perhaps we can accomodate your suggestions.

that's genuinely an interesting question. go on droid answer it properly

droid

I dont think I need to spell it out.

Ive been here since the beginning, through thick and thin, Ive seen every shade of trolling, bullying, hissyfit, condescension and nonsense so if even Im losing patience then I would suggest there's an issue here.

luka

and it's interesting that for most contributors this is the most engaging the forum has been in many years.
so your dissension is interesting. we've got new members. old members coming back. a far greater
frequency of posts. its a revival.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
do you though? they just dont work on you?

They bore me. I understand them and obviously like ...stuff...but I always saw the need for "euphoric" breaks as just aesthetic weakness. I like being pummelled by sound, I like genuinely being fucked by sound, by cinema, aesthsexuality, the ability to be fucked by an aesthetic experience. I always saw all the "breakdown" stuff as just people not being able to take it, stupid straight people who couldn't deal with an hour of anything being full on without glassing people (men and women equally guilty). Then that got translated into culture as a whole. I remember taking my nephew to Papa Roach gigs and seeing bouncers in the crowd, people being unable to police their damn selves in their damn entertainment. It's about not being able to give yourselves over. Not being able to be well and truly fucked. I don't blame you for it. It's not your fault. I suggest all of you get fucked.

Irigaray I think is the person who would be good to call to this thread, or for people to read, she always seemed like she was well into bass music, and the internalised phallus and comics probably.