luka

any ravers reminisce site is full of comments about how the mcs should shut the fuck up. when that coalition held despite the tensions you had the full whack hardcore. when the centre cannot hold things fall apart lol

luka

and obviously its not as simple as a black white polarity cos that tension plays out in the black community just as there are plenty of white people who love mcs and so on and so forth. the tension is real but doesnt map exactly onto racial divides

luka

look at who was behind speed for instance. look at 'the circle' in funky house days. could go on

john eden

male pale and stale
and obviously its not as simple as a black white polarity cos that tension plays out in the black community just as there are plenty of white people who love mcs and so on and so forth. the tension is real but doesnt map exactly onto racial divides

Yeah it's not as simple as that but there is definitely a type of white techno fan who always goes for instrumentals of black urban stuff.

Kevin Martin compiled one of those comps and obviously loves MCs (and gets them paid too).

I guess it's harder to imagine that you are in some Blade Runner situation when there is a man chatting about all the crews in the dance and bigging up the DJ all over the shop. Same with rewinds.

It is a techno thing all this, isn't it? The sci-fi and the endless groove thing.

sadmanbarty

I guess it's harder to imagine that you are in some Blade Runner situation when there is a man chatting about all the crews in the dance and bigging up the DJ all over the shop. Same with rewinds.

clinical, devoid of humanity. it's no coincidence that it's biggest champion is a man who elects to call himself droid.

sadmanbarty

i'm only attention seeking. he knows i love and admire him really. after all, who else would let me indulge my 'dancehall-jungle-tresillo' pedanticy for hours on end on more than one occasion?

droid

Barty obviously still reeling from my eulogy at the dancehall autopsy.

Its best to let him release all that pent up frustration. Luka will never get him to bed on time otherwise, and its a school night.

john eden

male pale and stale
Also it will be impossible to top the geographically-induced cluelessness of the OP on this topic.

Nobody talks about nu-school breakz any more, eh.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
it's

nerds vs the world

nowadays there's less of a split isn't there? as you point out, the marvel movies

video games also a notable crossover between nerds and ladz nowadays

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Game of Thrones is another great example of the mainstreamification of nerds

(Full disclosure: in case it wasn't embarrassingly obvious, I am a complete and total nerd)

sadmanbarty

whenever the bus goes past the elephant & castle pub i always tell the female accompanying me that it's where uk garage began. not one of them has cared. i think i should start dating luka.