chava

my hunch is that they were in the middle of a shift in editorial policy. they knew it had got the reputation for being dry and dull and were trying to make it more exciting. i wonder if that's how the offensive jungle review got published; they maybe knew it would be seen as edgy and provocative and that's why they went for it (underestimating the backlash it'd lead to).

What was it? That jungle nights has a more rowdy atmosphere than your average sanitized tech-house superclub experience? Okay, a bit prejudiced perhaps.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Should music writing be different now that the medium is different?

People are still writing as if for the printed page. Are there new possibilities (or limitations) in tech that music writing - and writing in general - should adapt to?

luka

Should music writing be different now that the medium is different?

People are still writing as if for the printed page. Are there new possibilities (or limitations) in tech that music writing - and writing in general - should adapt to?

I thought you had already established that here we don't write as if for the printed page? That we have already adopted a style suitable to the medium?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I thought you had already established that here we don't write as if for the printed page? That we have already adopted a style suitable to the medium?

I'm talking about using GIFS, sound clips, animation, hyperlinks, funny cat videos, false identities.

But yes I didn't consider that what we're doing here is a replacement for journalism.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You could say

This bass sound reminds me of the motion of a falling cat

And insert a gif of a cat falling (funnily)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I should really read that (i read that wayne and wax back in the day)

Maybe the "problem" is that I just don't give a fuck anymore lolll

luka

Ridiculous, in a good way. Also sometimes genuinely intelligent and well written.