The Big Hello Thread

hectic

New bod - Hi

Hi,

This place looks like my cup of tea.

I am currently plowing a (probably pitifully incompetent) way through to an understanding of the copenhagen interpretation, but I think I prefer the many worlds model.

Anyway, hello. Whats it like here - rabidly unforgiving to the FNG?

Rgds
H

Qwon

Hey.

Been lurking for a while, thought i'd start posting by now.

A brief 'about me':

Gooner/likes Hip Hop - branching out to alot of other genres in the past year or so/Film/Graphic Novels/Comics/tea and hob nobs.

Yeh o/

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
in a reversal of the thread's intention, I'm saying goodbye for a month or so.

Packing up the flat right now, moving my chattels to a small Northumberland village (after 20 years round Brixton way :eek: ) and then going on the road for all of August, DJing at some festivals - Endorse It!, Beautiful Days, Vintage @ Goodwood, maybe Electric Picnic - and doing a lot of camping in the south west because it's a long long way from the north east so who knows when I'll get back

Phaedo

Easy,

Coming here cos I hear its good and a certain big "bass music" forum and its off topic section are slowly going to shit lol. Hoping for some more mature and intelligent discussions here! I sound like a grumpy old man but I'm actually 16. :(

badger

Easy,

Coming here cos I hear its good and a certain big "bass music" forum and its off topic section are slowly going to shit lol. Hoping for some more mature and intelligent discussions here!
haha same here

really don't know how i don't have an account here already tbh. been reading bits of dissensus sporadically for the last couple of years and finally signed up

malcolm

haha same here

really don't know how i don't have an account here already tbh. been reading bits of dissensus sporadically for the last couple of years and finally signed up

funny that, badge. i've been doing the same and finally signed up today :cool:

hiya everyone

IdleRich

IdleRich
I read that name as Paedo for a sec there. I mean I know the internet is the place where people with that kind of interest spend their time but I thiought it was unusual to be so upfront about it.

paradise

Been lurking for a while but think it's about time I started contributing.

I'm based in Southampton, having recently finished an MA in Philosophy there (concentrating in aesthetics, my dissertation was on the aesthetic significance of television drama). I spin dubstep or something along those lines as Jack of Dubs.

Look forward to posting more!

Rob

LEQ

Hello hello :)

Know quite a few of you lot judging by user names from DSF, back in the day...,and have been a member on here for a few years but never posted really, gonna get back into it so hello one and all :)

Roshman

Hello.

Noticed someone posted one of our videos here. Clearly this is a forum of good taste :p. Fed up of Dubstep Forum and haven't found a decent forum since. Lurked a bit, seemed good.

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
Hello

I've been lurking here for an inordinate amount of time but have finally got an internet connection at home (rather than at work).

A forum that has threads about beer, chess, Deleuze and 2-step garage? Hosannah.

damonbosniak

The start of a veritable lifetime of (hopefully non-Rancierian) dissensus

Hey. I'm very pleased at last to have joined this community, about which I've heard so much from various nice (and not in a bland way) people, all of whom are generally characterised by amazingly good vibes and taste. I look forward to interacting with them and future friends during the summer's idler moments...

sufi

lala
Hello

I've been lurking here for an inordinate amount of time but have finally got an internet connection at home (rather than at work).

A forum that has threads about beer, chess, Deleuze and 2-step garage? Hosannah.
welcome
Hey. I'm very pleased at last to have joined this community, about which I've heard so much from various nice (and not in a bland way) people, all of whom are generally characterised by amazingly good vibes and taste. I look forward to interacting with them and future friends during the summer's idler moments...
welcome
Hello.

Noticed someone posted one of our videos here. Clearly this is a forum of good taste :p. Fed up of Dubstep Forum and haven't found a decent forum since. Lurked a bit, seemed good.
& welcome
glad to have you on board!