Breitbart

Woebot

gotta admit this made my stomach turn. it is fascinating though.

http://www.breitbart.com/

there is an irrational paranoia to the extreme right which is, you gotta admit, deeply hilarious. they take common sense to the point to which it ceases to mean anything.

the topics: immigration, climate denial, minuscule government. almost like they are engraved in marble.

pretty much all the columnists are in fact trolls. the commenters (of which there are literally millions) are almost like bots. so sculpted and scripted are their responses.

if the guardian is the home of the online home of the virtue signaller then breitbart is home of the virtual redneck.

droid

This is the future though. We're going to see a mainstreaming of the most despicable views of the right over the next few years as climate kicks in and the refugee crisis increases by orders of magnitude. We already have creeping fascism, with everything from subhuman accommodation for asylum seekers, wristbands, and other forms of forced public displays, naked displays of racism by public figures, open calls for extermination...

We can look forward to global feudalism, with the rich nations behind castle walls and the rich within rich nations in the keep, and the propaganda of the right will become the fig leaf to justify it all.

sadmanbarty

With the multiplicity of news channels and websites these days, viewers gravitate towards niche news sources which confirm their beliefs rather than challenge them.

1:13:49

trza

i never understood who that milos guy with the long name was but his columns get forwarded to me a lot

comelately

Wild Horses
I was dealing with a recruitment agent a few months ago who I found out wrote for Breitbart on the side.

I lost a friend to Stefan Molyneux and his cultish nonsense a few months ago. Moly's arguments do sometimes hold a passing resemblance to Mr Tea's (I think specifically of a discussion around 'there are facts/there are no facts' a few years ago).

trza

Back in the nineties in the days of web 1.0 Andrew Brietbart was friends with Matt Drudge and Arianna Huffington and they even showed up to events together

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
what a fascist creep. unlimited self hate sprayed out at others (and then cloaked in a patina of self love, even when you're allying yourself with people who would have you killed if they had unlimited power) is the scariest thing.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's a lot of right-wing hucksters of opinion like this appearing nowadays, isn't there? Katie Hopkins is the first one that comes to my mind, but of course even Donald Trump is essentially an internet troll raised by personal wealth to the stature of a Presidential Candidate.

There's a reaction on the part of (mostly) white, straight, males to the steadily increasing rights accorded to women, gays (queers? don't know the correct term), ethnic minorities, etc. in the West, and to the 'political correctness' accompanying this shift.

One would hope that this would be an ever diminishing minority of morons, but - as droid points out - with mass migration, terrorist attacks, etc., that might not continue to be the case for long.

droid

There's a confluence going on here as well, the Sam harris/Hitched/Fedora/Atheist 'rationalists' combined with the Michelle Malkin, Pam Grier, Fox News blatantly evil types + outrage junkies like Hopkins/Mackenzie/Littlejohn into a smorgasboard of cynically hateful vacuous commentary... a cultural & political Voltron of despicable bile.

Benny B

There's a reaction on the part of (mostly) white, straight, males to the steadily increasing rights accorded to women, gays (queers? don't know the correct term), ethnic minorities, etc. in the West, and to the 'political correctness' accompanying this shift.

It's against women in general, particularly feminists of the more radical variety who regularly receive violent threats. You should see some of the hate dished out against them on twitter from 'liberal feminists' and transgender activists - pure misogynist hatred at its worst.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's against women in general, particularly feminists of the more radical variety who regularly receive violent threats. You should see some of the hate dished out against them on twitter from 'liberal feminists' and transgender activists - pure misogynist hatred at its worst.

In fairness it's not as if there are no radfems with crazy or repugnant views of their own - such as insisting that all trans-women are "attention-seekers" or "men pretending to be women" and should therefore be excluded from feminist discourse.

Benny B

In fairness it's not as if there are no radfems with crazy or repugnant views of their own - such as insisting that all trans-women are "attention-seekers" or "men pretending to be women" and should therefore be excluded from feminist discourse.

Tea you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Radfems do not hate trans people, they disagree with them over gender issues and receive torrents of violent misogynist threats as a result in place of actual coherent arguments.