Millenials.

luka

I quite rate them. They're so cluely and career minded. The only thing i would critisze them for is that they dont have souls. A good way to appreciate the difference between millenials and my lot is look at wiley, born same year as me, and then compare how hes run his career to dizzee or even a jme.

but they are so good at simulation and pastiche. its their superpower i would say. i know i keep banging on about this.

luka

not a careerist, doesnt even understand how to be one. has a soul. millenials have no souls but they are very canny operators. very smart and aesthetic.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
So Dizzee Rascal and JME don't have soul?

Wiley did some pretty shit commercial house tunes let's not forget.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I dunno what you mean lol

But I sort of get what you're saying

People are savvy these days.

I mean public image is something EVERYBODY understands now, due to social media.

luka

I was looking at some pictures of me and other people from Early '00s pre Facebook we all look hideous I wanted to puke up.

luka

Hair was a disgrace. Clothes were a disgrace. No visual awareness or awareness of self presentation.

Leo

the concept of selling out doesn't exist for millennials, or if it does then it doesn't matter to them. probably to do with growing up in the social media age where shamelessly promoting yourself is a natural thing to do that no one looks down on. might also tie in to the notion that they have much fewer paths to success compared to previous generations and therefore accept the fact that they have to sell their souls to some degree to get ahead.

luka

I first became aware of their separateness in 2006 when I noticed I was surrounded by people who cared about clothes more than music and that these people were all conspicuously younger and better looking than me.

luka

It was all next, burton and Mr byrite in my day. Madhouse on Oxford Street. Fashion coming to the high street was an epochal shift.

luka

That's when I started thinking in terms of fancy dress. All the signifiers removed. It's all a dressing up box. There's no meaning in their world. It gives them a very enviable amount of freedom.

CrowleyHead

The millenial window is garbage though, you can't connect people born in 77 with people born in 93, do you have a more scaled down window in mind?

luka

But don't ask me to pin down a date. People just look young. I can't tell a 30 year old from a 19 year old.