Anyone going this year?
I only go at this advanced stage in my life because we get a bunch of free tickets for helping out the organisers.

My word, it's changed over the years. Totally decrusted these days. The only constant, weirdly, is that people seem to smoke as much now as they did 25 years ago.

Anyway, I need help, is there anything on this line-up worth trudging through the inevitable morass to see? (apart from Davos at Sunday lunchtime)

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/

luka

Well I can one up that cos I hate them so much I have never been to one in my life. Never ever ever,

john eden

male pale and stale
Sons Of Kemet
Larry Heard live
Acid Mothers Temple
Lauryn Hill
Heatwave vs Butterz (Dissensus represent!)
Placid (UK-Dance represent!)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
there's so much there, bound to be good stuff. Bicep and Black Madonna back to back caught my eye as probably a decent choice. AMT seconded.

I've never been to Glastonbury, think I would have a panic attack. Can deal with smaller festivals, but just not being able to get out is/must be terrifying. Also seems pointless (obvs free tickets are a different matter) as a shadow of what it was in past years.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
NYC downlow has Tony Humphries and is somewhat legendary at this point. I'd imagine I'd spend most of my time there. Bunch of cool shit in amongst the chaff. For free I'd be all over it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
If it's sunny the whole time it's probably the best festival for sheer scale and variety

But it usually rains and then it becomes a bit of a chore

Sons Of Kemet
Larry Heard live
Acid Mothers Temple
Lauryn Hill
Heatwave vs Butterz (Dissensus represent!)
Placid (UK-Dance represent!)

Yes, spotted Placid!

Are we the only UKDers on here now? Marc D was here for years, but no sign lately.

I'm looking forward to it this year, going to take a tent and everything. Last time I stayed in a B&B about 5 miles away and cycled in and out.

The more I look at the line-up, the more I see, but these pointers are really helping. What I know I'll end up doing is disappearing into Shangri-La on Saturday night for a 8-hour junglathon. I lost 2 kilos I never put back on doing that last time.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
MANARA could be decent if it's the same manara I'm thinking about, desi, rnb asian garage and shit like that.