GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Clubberlang

I think I can see where calling someone who killed someone else for a reason as stupid as this a psycho is pretty justified, but hey if you want to argue that Titch's a misunderstood teddy bear then that can be your thing.

But what about the Riko mixtape, Logan, what happened to that?

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Don't make ridiculous exaggerations in an attempt to mock me. It's petty and unnecessary

I believe Riko is re-recording some material as a lot of it is now dated.

gumdrops

what a waste. and what a stupid reason to shoot someone. i mean, i understand he has to protect his brothers rep and all that, and he doesnt wanna look like hes gonna just accept disrespect lying down, but fucking hell, shooting someone dead for that? what a shame - hes one of the ones who could/should have really made something of himself musically.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Don't make ridiculous exaggerations in an attempt to mock me. It's petty and unnecessary

I believe Riko is re-recording some material as a lot of it is now dated.

Even if the guy's not a psycho, shooting someone dead for those reasons is pathetic.

As for Riko, does anyone know if he'll be doing a set at Heatwave again? Missed him both (?) times and was very gutted about it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
what a waste. and what a stupid reason to shoot someone. i mean, i understand he has to protect his brothers rep and all that, and he doesnt wanna look like hes gonna just accept disrespect lying down, but fucking hell, shooting someone dead for that? what a shame - hes one of the ones who could/should have really made something of himself musically.

Don't agree that disrespect is that important an issue. Sometimes you just have to be big enough to take it and walk away.

Is this gonna sound the death knell for grime as far as the majors are concerned? It kinda just confirms what a lot of people (rightly or wrongly) thought about the scene, I guess - you can't really see any of the big labels shelling out for a grime star after this, can you?

I may be wrong of course...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
when you're shooting someone in the back because they say you (or better your mate) "lost touch with your roots" you ARE a psycho, and a retard. Anybody who's showing any understanding for this act because disrespect was shown is a retard too

Yep, you said it better than I did. The emphasis on 'respect' amongst males in this country is ridiculous, pathetic and, yes, retarded. Some people just need to grow up. Never get anywhere near the amount of hassle in other countries as you do here (particularly in small towns tho,' it must be said - I find London OK).

gumdrops

im not showing empathy for what titch did, not at all, i think its idiotic, but there are a lot of kids who would do something extreme just cos they think they were disrespected. its absolutely stupid, but it happens.

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
Did something for the Guardian about Crazy Titch - naturally I expect at least two pages of merking here for my no-doubt-innumerable factual errors, misinterpretations, distortions, conflations, generalisations, and statings-of-the-obvious.

elgato

I just dont know
No offence but I’d have preferred to have seen a much more positive article. The scene will be perceived as this violent stereotype and held back by these incidents if the information is framed in a way that emphasises those elements at the expense of positive noises being made. For example, including a section contrasting someone like jme, who has his own label, writes and produces, but simultaneously attends university and celebrates this fact, along with his various other virtuous characteristics, in his lyrics. That for me would have been much better than emphasising the bannings, the club closures etc :slanted:

gumdrops

everyone unsure if they still like grime should download this

this is one of the best pirate sessions ive heard this year -
http://www.barefiles.com/download.php?id=823
the instrumentals are almost all brilliant here but the beat at around 43 mins in (the one skepta says is a personal favourite) is especially good. the one slightly before, thats kinda like a 2 step beat (very sweet, but not in the obviously self referential 'tribute' way of some other recent UKG-ish beats) is great as well.

Last edited:

Sef

Wild Horses
Grime aint positive, though. If it was I probably wouldn't like it. Didn't he shoot the producer of the track as well? He should be on one of those world's stupidest crimes programmes, along with people trying to rob tv stores with boxes on their heads.

mms

sometimes
Grime aint positive, though. If it was I probably wouldn't like it. Didn't he shoot the producer of the track as well? He should be on one of those world's stupidest crimes programmes, along with people trying to rob tv stores with boxes on their heads.

well there are many ways in which it is and many in which it isn't i think in part what it wants to achieve and some of the methods off how to get there are.
i think crazy titch is something of an extreme, but no doubt he'll be scapegoated in order to haul grime over the coals.
i'm suprised he got hold of a real gun not a rebore, as i'm pretty sure that a real gun is pretty hard to get hold of (unless you live in the country, where everyone has guns)

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
Grime aint positive, though

surely thats nonsense. maybe not expressly positive in the way that de la and the conscious hip-hop movement was, but from a journalist's perspective there are so many aspects of the scene which can be highlighted, from which positivity may be drawn

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
I know that discussing this stuff on the net is a bit bait, however, since we are discussing it already, who can lay out the most widely accepted version of events as to how this happened exactly? Is there a printed account somewhere that you've all read? I had it explained to me by someone in the scene as basically 'some guy was threatening Doogz life, Crazy backed it, went, found the guy, shit went wrong and the guy got killed'.

The whole thing is pretty tragic for everyone involved.

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
No offence but I’d have preferred to have seen a much more positive article.

Yeah I can't really disagree with you, the thing is though: in order to smash up the stereotype 'Grime is about violence', people have to be aware of that stereotype (and its effects) in the first place, and I don't think most Guardian readers are. And obviously space is very limited. I tried to include at least a hint of optimism though.