Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Heh. Reminds me of seeing people going nuts on FB or Twitter over some atrocity in a far-flung poor country, or a political scandal closer to home, with all-caps "WHY ISN'T THE MSM COVERING THIS???" and a link to a story about said event - which is invariably on BBC/CNN/NYT/Guardian.

entertainment

A comic that mocks comedians for exaggerating the state of things by exaggerating the state of things itself. both sides fighting shadows.

the Dave Chapelle thing was excrutiating. Only thing I've seen post-Trump that crystallizes a somewhat coherent political satire without the politics tainting the humour is On Cinema.

entertainment

Exaggeration is often a crucial part of comedy, but fair point.

I saw a clip or two on YouTube but wasn't really arsed about seeing the full thing. What didn't you like about it?

I thought the anti-woke things were really bad. He had a joke about how the alleged victim of Michael Jackson, the little kid, should have proud of the abuse or something. He wasn't seriously suggesting that of course, but the joke was so stupid.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

the bathos at the end hahah who the fuck is he

Wow - he's actually quite coherent in this, insightful even. It's actually a shock to hear him speaking in complete sentences that make grammatical sense!

What happened between then and now, I wonder?

muser

These four threads listed under my New Posts tab:

View attachment 1309

Looks like someone wanted to kick-start a new counter-culture while high on MDMA but had a severe digestive accident. The single word 'Trump' is somehow the icing on the cake.

This happened a little while back and made me lol thinking of a first time lurker delving into the politics section and getting a bit of shock, couldn't figure out how to post the image though.

dis.jpg

version

'Martin Amis remembers Kingsley Amis, his salty father, reading relatively merrily through the younger man’s Money until he encountered a character called “Martin Amis”. The book then went “windmilling over his shoulder”. Kingsley was no fan of the post-modern impulse.'

version

I can't tell whether it's some sort of affectation or he just doesn't understand how to use hashtags.

d3iVjHe.jpg

version

Guy Ritchie morphing into David Brent.

"Don't hate the player hate the game? Don't hate the game, because you're in it mate... love the game."