Talk To Me

luka

What's on your mind? Tell me something. Keep me occupied. Entertain me. Pour yourself a delicious glass of lager. Pretend you're down the pub not shut up at home staring at the wall waiting for it all to end

luka

Well let him know. I was saying to craner just a minute ago if you see these heroic lonely furrow guys doing their thing, and you get something out of it, give em a pat on the back, Let them know you care. It makes a difference

Leo

arrived on monday for a two-week business trip to the Dominican Republic. eating fresh guava and passion fruit, everyday is 85 degrees, blue skies, I go for a swim in the ocean before breakfast and watch the sun come up while floating on my back. I'm sure I'll be ready to come home after two weeks but currently not missing ny winter at all.

luka

Sounds like you should be doing some work, what kind of business trip is that?

Leo

Sounds like you should be doing some work, what kind of business trip is that?

one of my clients is global organization for advertising industry creatives, they run an international advertising awards show and it takes two weeks to judge the 20,000+entries. they fly in about 150 ad agency creative directors from around the world to one destination to judge the work, I'm doing video interviews with judges.

it's pretty easy work, tbh. plus, you eat and drink for free and don't spend a penny of your own money for two weeks!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
arrived on monday for a two-week business trip to the Dominican Republic. eating fresh guava and passion fruit, everyday is 85 degrees

Sounds pretty toasty! I mean I sous-vide steaks at 54...

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
arrived on monday for a two-week business trip to the Dominican Republic. eating fresh guava and passion fruit, everyday is 85 degrees, blue skies, I go for a swim in the ocean before breakfast and watch the sun come up while floating on my back. I'm sure I'll be ready to come home after two weeks but currently not missing ny winter at all.

one of my clients is global organization for advertising industry creatives, they run an international advertising awards show and it takes two weeks to judge the 20,000+entries. they fly in about 150 ad agency creative directors from around the world to one destination to judge the work, I'm doing video interviews with judges.

it's pretty easy work, tbh. plus, you eat and drink for free and don't spend a penny of your own money for two weeks!

i know that this is daily business for a lot of people but to me it still sounds so alien and absurd. fly in all those people, smash all that money on some award show, location just being a decor somehow. live in nyc, eat passion fruit thousands of miles away the next day. also just being jealous btw.

luka

i know that this is daily business for a lot of people but to me it still sounds so alien and absurd. fly in all those people, smash all that money on some award show, location just being a decor somehow. live in nyc, eat passion fruit thousands of miles away the next day. also just being jealous btw.

In these scenarios money means nothing and if you have to count pennies it is a shock, it feels depraved.

Leo

too much information already, I'm afraid. ;)

also, too wistful to reminisce about the one who got away.

Leo

all true! a saving grace is they're a nonprofit organization, and they take the revenue generated from the awards show entries and invest it back into the industry in the form of education, professional development and diversity/inclusion programming. for example, they've done programs in South Africa to help young creative kids from Soweto to get jobs at ad agencies in J'burg, would normally be very little chance of them getting a foot in the door otherwise.

could be worse!

Leo

btw, this business trip happens once a year. my life is more boring than most people's the other 50 weeks out of the year.