GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Blackdown

nexKeysound
it is nuts, sounds like the bastard child of Jammer's "Feedback". oh and heavy sub bass in a grime tune, who would have thought it? ;)

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
it is nuts, sounds like the bastard child of Jammer's "Feedback". oh and heavy sub bass in a grime tune, who would have thought it? ;)

It reminds me of 90s Alchemist productions, especially the string stab. Anyone know who produced it, or who I have to blow to get the instrumental?

Last edited:
I think

Anyone know who produced it, or who I have to blow to get the instrumental?

its Mikey J who is absolute badman behind the boards...he scored a play that ran in Stratford last year which changed my view of him

K's still listening to tooooooo much Jay though

i mentioned this ages ago

currently, if your black - doing music is long.

hadoken get play outs everywhere playing grime music whereas grime events get closed down quicker than a kebab shop with cockroaches.

i reckon they have pics of grime mcs at the hq of operation trident.

big up venom thou - doing his thing

yes its sad....and your not far off either...*sssh you better keep it down*

also S.K.I.T.Z Beatz is in the new issue of Echoes mag...got two pages (big up my boy on the piece)...funny piece

Amicose

Anyone know if Zumpi Huntah or any other new TD stuff is coming out on vinyl as well as download? Cos I'll go for not having it before buying mp3's.

gumdrops

i got rules and regs... i like it - its more like aim high isnt it, more about target and danny weeds beats than wileys style. or scratchys for that matter (wd have been nice to hear a bit more experimental priduction on there). but its good - got a kinda ramshackle thing about it, which is the norm for roll deep vocal tracks i find, but its one of the best grime mix Cds. not that energetic sadly compared to stuff like their set on rinsessions but i think its prob pointless at this stage to still compare the intensity/energy of radio sets to recorded vocal tracks. so i will stop, lol.
----
i was listening to an old roll deep and slimzee set today - i miss that energy and producerly expertise in those old beats... but oh well, that was then....
anyway, moving to the present -

THIS looks amazing
wow
if you like grime and live in london and dont turn up to this then well, you dont deserve to live in london
http://www.rwdmag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133961

new lethal b single i think

not sure who the other guy is on it with him but i like it
kinda like the usual dexplicit sort of production but a bit sharper
i like this better than the kano track
hook is stupid (but typically catchy) tho
lol

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
----
i was listening to an old roll deep and slimzee set today - i miss that energy and producerly expertise in those old beats... but oh well, that was then....

lol

Behave.

Half the tunes of that era were made on Playstations and a mix down may as well have been a foreign language.

The other half were made by producers who went onto leave and make dubstep/other genres like Oris Jay, Narrows, Zinc or Zed Bias.

Producers continue to come through to this day making up tempo quality grime tracks.

Of the biggest producers to this day, Footsie, Skepta, Davinche, Dexplicit and Rapid were not being played at all on Pay As You Go/Slimzee sets back in 2003/4 and instead got their breaks elsewhere.

I really am very much against this whole "Grime was better then" mentality, because it really wasnt. Now it is a much wider sound and you can get pretty much whatever you want from it. If you want bass driven jump up tunes, mid range melody driven skippers, hip hop-esque sample driven fare, or plodding half step wobblers they are all available from the many different producers working in the scene today.

And on another note, Zumpi Hunter is scheduledto come out on vinyl on Pirate Sessions recordings I think.

S

simon silverdollar

lol

Behave.

Half the tunes of that era were made on Playstations and a mix down may as well have been a foreign language.

The other half were made by producers who went onto leave and make dubstep/other genres like Oris Jay, Narrows, Zinc or Zed Bias.

Producers continue to come through to this day making up tempo quality grime tracks.

Of the biggest producers to this day, Footsie, Skepta, Davinche, Dexplicit and Rapid were not being played at all on Pay As You Go/Slimzee sets back in 2003/4 and instead got their breaks elsewhere.

I really am very much against this whole "Grime was better then" mentality, because it really wasnt. Now it is a much wider sound and you can get pretty much whatever you want from it. If you want bass driven jump up tunes, mid range melody driven skippers, hip hop-esque sample driven fare, or plodding half step wobblers they are all available from the many different producers working in the scene today.

And on another note, Zumpi Hunter is scheduledto come out on vinyl on Pirate Sessions recordings I think.

broadly i agree with this. overall, the quality of MCing and producing in grime is far higher now than, say, 3 years ago. people go on about the glory days of deja vu, but 80% of de ja vu was people like Nappa screaming, 'i'm the big black tower, one and only nappa,' etc etc. not good.

what i DO miss, though, is the big tracks that just blew you away with their brilliance. i remember just not being able to stop listening to, say, 'earth warrior remix' by Target.
now, you hear some really, really great stuff, but there's a weird shortage of huge tracks, played by everyone, that truly amaze...and i think a scene needs tracks like that. the last one was 'shank riddim' i reckon.

DJL

i'm joking
I think grime only getting going still. I remember being into Jungle/DnB for several years before it started getting everywhere. Before that it was in exactly the sort of situation grime has been in. Most people have only heard Dizzee or Wiley. They have missed alot and I think people will be looking round for a music like grime more and more as time goes on.

Grime could do with getting into a warehouse rave type enviroment again like Sidewinders back at the Sanctuary. Most of the big anthem tunes like Pulse X and old Slimzee style tunes sound at there best in this sort of 3000+ capacity place imo (as appose to small clubs). Producers tend to produce for where they most likely think there track will be played so perhaps you would get more older grime styled tracks if something like this was happening?