vimothy and the alt right

luka

Yes but everybody understood that about fight club whereas for some reason a lot of people missed the point of breaking bad

droid

Probably a distinction to be made between anarcho capitalist scum, rationalist fedora pricks, tea party nutbags and outright neo-nazi racists... though perhaps the genius of the alt-right is that it brings them all together?

luka

Brings them all together under one banner, to wage righteous war on that woman from ghostbusters twitter account

firefinga

Breaking Bad is all about reclaiming masculinity

Not to me, I thought it was rather about the betrayed (or the "we feel betrayed") and under pressure middle class. But then, I am old fashioned and regard "class" to be way more important than "gender" and all the other fancy modern mambo jambo.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Not to me, I thought it was rather about the betrayed (or the "we feel betrayed") and under pressure middle class. But then, I am old fashioned and regard "class" to be way more important than "gender" and all the other fancy modern mambo jambo.

^typical cisbourgeois

firefinga

And Fight Club before that, of course.

I interpreted Fightclub differently as well, as a take on the lost ability to feel your body "directly", a call back to experience "reality" instead of prefabricated "reality" in mass media. Of course today, when bilions of people subsitute their real life with their artifical existance on twitter and facebook, Fight Club appears to be even more radical (at least to me).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Some good stuff here, although a few howlers too; in particular, Russia isn't "the enemy" as far as the alt-right is concerned, more like a friendly rival at worst - they see Putin running 'his' country the way they want Trump to run theirs.

This line is OTM:

...any effective movement against corporate capitalism must completely sever any links that it has to the Democratic or any other neo-liberal party, to the corporate media or any "alternative" media that functions only as its mirror...