Damien

I clicked the link and had a little listen and the tracks awesome. I'll definitely buy that track, I'd passed over any promo for this track before now

jus sayin

llluuussshh tune big up

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I think with posting clips of unreleased tunes for download it's the length that's the main issue, plus maybe how uninterupted/isolated it is.
If you're posting a minute and a half clip from a radio show to get an ID and/or spread the word on a good tune, then that's not going to give people anything they can use illegally, esp if it's got the DJ/MCs talking on it and has other tunes mixed over the start/end of it etc.
But the soundcloud upload for Hearbeat is over 4 minutes - I've not clicked the above mp3 but if they've taken the whole thing (quite possibly with good intentions) then you can sort of imagine some chancer-type DJ dowloading it and playing it out, even if it is at low quality.
And yeah maybe sometimes people do jump on the 'bruv that's out of order, ban him!' etc bandwagon with it, but it is still bad craic ultimately.

Also adding myself to the list of people who think it's a good tune. :)

Last edited:

tom lea

yeah what a cunt for promoting your tune with a radiorip that's lower-res than the mp3 you've already put on the totally-impossible-to-illegally-rip-tunes-off soundcloud.
i never called anyone a cunt.

anyway, you <i>can</I> rip tunes off soundcloud, thats how this one ended up on that blog in the first place. for some context, it's ripped at 128 (which is the bitrate i uploaded it in), but the blog were offering a download of that reencoded as a flac or 320.

i've spoke to them about it and they're perfectly sound - took the download link off, but it looks like the file's still up there. more than anything, i dont want ppl downloading a crummy 128 re-rendered as 320 and thinking that williams or mosca can't produce as a result.

i'm glad ppl are liking the tune regardless.

Last edited:

thenationalacrobat

eat white death...
hello everyone, cunt man here...

i really like the track and when i did a search for it i found that someone had chopped a little section of it from the recent baobinga mix that it features in. it's watermarked front and back and represents a small section of the track overall. i posted it for those others on this web forum who like or are intrigued by the track and would like to hear it without having to skip through a mix it features in. nothing intended other than the sharing of information.

later.

Last edited:

gumdrops

that tune sounds like a somnambulistic apple (the producer, not the fruit). can imagine oneman, and kode 9 loving it (if they dont already).

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I well thought I was the only person who knew about Sony, shame on me. Fucking great producer, a lot more to him than Sugar Rush mind, absolutely amazing stuff coming from that lad lately.

(I say lad like I know how old he is, looks well older than me anyway)

sonneeeeeeyyyyy

the ones that were on ukfunky with the rhyming were so funny, that one about weaves! lol

big producer

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
*Due out soon
Smooth Kriminal - 24 Hours EP, 18th October
Major Notes - Ashanti Spear EP, 18th October
Addictive - Bad Girl (Champion remix), 24th October
Funkystepz and Lily Mckenzie - For You, 24th October
Funkystepz also have a 5-track EP in the pipeline. #funkystreetteam ;)

Bump.

^That Coobe-Beatz - Sunday Dinner tune is excellent, thanks Luka. Feeling the other tunes on his soundcloud too.

tom lea

fact-flyer_-gallery.jpg

Ill Blu, plus juke from DJ Spinn, Chrissy Murderbot and more. free entry. hopefully see some of you there.

Ory

warp drive
funkystepz signed to hyperdub for 2011, according to the october mailout.

The first half of 2011 is already lining up to be really exciting. We've got releases from new artists to the label, Morgan Zarate and Funkystepz are among them, as well as a brace of new music from older artists.

wonder what tim will have to say about this. lol

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I'm a bit late on it but this guest mix by DJ Nauhty is well worth a listen:
http://www.thisisgetme.com/
(Scroll about 2/3rds down the page to get the download link).

1. T. Williams feat. Terri Walker - Heartbeat (Mosca Remix)
2. DVA - Step 2 Funk
3. S.Chu - Quickfoot
4. DJ Gregory - Soldiers
5. Deep Teknologi - Afric
6. Enrique Benitez - Funk World
7. DJ Naughty - Point Blank (DJ Naughty Exclusive Mix)
9. Troublesum - Boot Install
10. DJ Naughty - The Chosen One
11. Apple - African Man Said Go
12. Tim Deluxe - It Just Won’t Do (DJ Naughty Rework)
13. Andy J & Estee - Crunk
14. DJ Naughty - Rat Race
15. Mad One - Nanny Pest
16. Lil Silva - Night Skanker
17. Reelsoul & Alix Alvarez - BOM (R2)
18. Delerious ft. Ella Rae - Angel (Chang-Sam Remix)
19. Bucie - Amadoda

Holy shit, Rat Race and Nanny Pest are intense. Listening to them up loud on decent headphones = BLAM. :)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
They've been doing the rounds for a while now, but it only recently dawned on me just how sick Dog Bark and 6ft Deep by Carnao are. In an ideal world he'd put out an EP with those 2, On Me and Get Out on it. Dunno the odds of anything like that happening though.
Also, Major Notes is supposed to be guesting on Smoove Kriminal's Deja show on Monday evening. Should be a good one; personally I didn't like the Ashanti Spears EP quite as much as the 24 Hours EP, but they're both strong releases and there's def some similarities between what the 2 guys are doing just now
Also also, can't speak for Tim but I'm happy for Funkystepz to get a release on Hyperdub if it means that more people find out about/listen to them plus keeps people interested in UKF generally. Although maybe they'll have already released it by then, I think Fuller would be a good choice of tune for them to use, because it has a similar feel to some of the other stuff on Hyperdub, but also fits with at least some of the other tunes that Fz already make, so it's like the best of both worlds.