Jackin' / Electroline

BareBones

wheezy
not sure if this is old news but the place to buy all these seems to be http://www.bigtunesmp3.co.uk

it's a predictably pretty shonky website tho - make sure u search by tune rather than artist or else you won't find anything

EDIT - oh gawd, it's only on the last page, ignore me

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong

... think it shares an aesthetic with a lot of this stuff. not my favourite zed b tune ever lol

the music posted in this thread basically represents the spectrum of house music made for massive spaces, with MC presence pretty much the only element which helps differentiate it. i guess that's similar to how garage started out... i just like the reference points in those mid-90s 4x4 tunes way more. my problem. it's the darker, druggier stuff some of you are bigging up which makes least sense to me, and seems least connected to that 'northern continuum' you're talking about. the maya jane comparison is a good one and the ubiquity of that sound must have played a role in shaping the sound of some of these records.

i really like that 'none of them' tune benny posted though, i'm going to play that one hope you don't mind

Last edited:
the music posted in this thread basically represents the spectrum of house music made for massive spaces, with MC presence pretty much the only element which helps differentiate it. i guess that's similar to how garage started out... i just like the reference points in those mid-90s 4x4 tunes way more. my problem. it's the darker, druggier stuff some of you are bigging up which makes least sense to me, and seems least connected to that 'northern continuum' you're talking about. the maya jane comparison is a good one and the ubiquity of that sound must have played a role in shaping the sound of some of these records.

I think there's more to it than the presence of Mc's though.
There's a lot of signifiers that draw it closer to the traditional UK sound, be it obvious ones like sampling classic UK garage and hardcore rave tunes and using typical UK-soundsystem-music tune structures, or more subtle details in drum programming, the way the vocal tunes are laid out, etc.

Hearing the tunes you can easily guess most of these guys spent more time listening to Wookie records than say Tiefschwarz or any other electro house / big room house producer, even if what they try to do is replicate the later.

rrrivero

such a brilliant tune. not been able to find it anywhere except to stream tho...
aye that is a tune that. Ugh, don't tempt me to listen through this thread

edit: low steppa's a decent tune, if you can get over the lock stock sample

Last edited:

rrrivero

oh god I actually like that Tech Out My Levels tune. The good feeling sample is borderline retarded, it's not a bloody remix, I don't know why the fuck they're using elements from that track, it's so horrifuckinggahh

but the bassline is fucking dope

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I think there's more to it than the presence of Mc's though.
There's a lot of signifiers that draw it closer to the traditional UK sound, be it obvious ones like sampling classic UK garage and hardcore rave tunes and using typical UK-soundsystem-music tune structures, or more subtle details in drum programming, the way the vocal tunes are laid out, etc.

yeah it's true, although it's more present in some tunes than others it is there when you look for it

datwun

Musically, I'd say it's poised exactly halfway between being a thing and not a thing, bleeding into electro, tech-house, bassline and funky (Deep House? Lol at least according to their own labeling, maybe deep compared to Bassline...) at all edges, though tied together with that donky-warpy-wubbing-hollowed-out bass sound which as far as I can tell, is a New Thing (tm), which feels different to dance to than anything else.

Scene-etically though, it's definitely a thing, locally based, producers DJing each others' tracks, the guyz from Cause and Affect popping up all over the place, all of their facebooks OVERFLOWING with nights, Tom Zanetti playing shows Thursday-Tuesday all over the north, and all of them putting out fuck loads of new music right now in 2K12.

Quasi-Modernist in sound, but definitely non- postmodern/internetty/hyper-static in its social organization? I'll take it over the everythingfest down south.

Edit: Oldie but goldie/ #catlife

Last edited:

MellaDee

This new one from us might interest some of you guys.

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
Also this one

Benny Bunter

A great new batch of stuff just gone up on certified jackin, these remixes/refixes are particularly dancefloor-destroyingly massive

Holly Amber and JustSamm - Money, Cash, Hoes

Groove Armada - Superstylin (Ill Phil and Lorenzo mix)

Around the world - Billy Kenny

Love how these guys don't give a fuck about what they sample, whatever works on the dancefloor. I'll take this big dumb and rampant pillaging style over stultifyingly trendy rnb samples any day. its a big part of why i like New Jersey Club so much too. I'm just a sucker for an anthem really.