giggs

zhao

there are no accidents
funny during the last week on the center wall of my subway stop (winemeister str.) there appeared a giant tag which reads GIGGS.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I gave Giggs a chance. Listened to the album once, went back to a few tracks a couple of times after, and finally came to the conclusion that no one (not just us) is going to give a fuck about this guy in 2 years tops. Sort of an endearing aesthetic, but not enough I think to hide for a substantial amount of time that when it comes down to it, this guy is just utter shite.

Even with the digressions on crack and g-force (luka i haven't forgotten!), how this thread made it to 9 pages i'll never know.

zhao

there are no accidents
tend to agree with sickboy... some decent bits here and there though but in general bland and luke warm

RAISED BY WOLVES

I gave Giggs a chance. Listened to the album once, went back to a few tracks a couple of times after, and finally came to the conclusion that no one (not just us) is going to give a fuck about this guy in 2 years tops. Sort of an endearing aesthetic, but not enough I think to hide for a substantial amount of time that when it comes down to it, this guy is just utter shite.

I will. Guaranteed.

Both Ard Bodied and WITP are getting constant rotation in the ride. I still listen to jeezy's first record, Wayne's old shit, and BG's old and new records. What that has to do with Giggs, I'm not exactly sure, but there's echoes of a lot of dark, drugged out southern shit in his music that always warrants revisiting in my book.

Then again, if by "no one will care about him", you mean "No one in the UK mainstream musical press will care about him" in two years time, i would say you're absolutely on the money...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I will. Guaranteed.

Both Ard Bodied and WITP are getting constant rotation in the ride. I still listen to jeezy's first record, Wayne's old shit, and BG's old and new records. What that has to do with Giggs, I'm not exactly sure, but there's echoes of a lot of dark, drugged out southern shit in his music that always warrants revisiting in my book.

Then again, if by "no one will care about him", you mean "No one in the UK mainstream musical press will care about him" in two years time, i would say you're absolutely on the money...

Well Jeezy makes sense because essentially Giggs and Jeezy are cut from the exact same cloth: the rapper who gets by entirely on 'realness' factor and ad-libs. Notice that as the years go by, Jeezy's longevity becomes more and more unsure (and no, not by the mainstream rap publications, I'm pretty sure XXL will love Jeezy until he is fully decomposed in the earth, as they do every rapper they like). Now take into account that Jeezy at his high points crushes Giggs at his, and Giggs at his worst, well...

Perhaps saying no one will still be into him is going a bit far. Hell, someone told me recently that the Crystal Method are playing a small bar down the street from me.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
if you're talking the hardest, craig david better come up in your thoughts as an artist
PARDON? how did i miss this before? so weird.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Well Jeezy makes sense because essentially Giggs and Jeezy are cut from the exact same cloth: the rapper who gets by entirely on 'realness' factor and ad-libs.

Just the fact you're talking about him in the same sentences as jeezy though is a pretty good look for a UK rapper. He's a one trick pony though, for sure, but hey. It sounds great on acid.

There's a new Giggs/SN1 CD out right now, the Dubz CD was mostly a disaster.
Some other good stuff coming through that I've bought recently- listening to a lot of road rap at the moment in truth

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Just the fact you're talking about him in the same sentences as jeezy though is a pretty good look for a UK rapper. He's a one trick pony though, for sure, but hey. It sounds great on acid.

I was talking about him in terms of him sounding note for note like an American rapper though - which is the same look for all UK rappers.

gumdrops

not a massive fan - its obvious hes trying to do the jeezy thing of ultra expressionless blank dope dealer shit, but somehow his langourousness makes it sound like hes just woken up. but theres something kinda captivating about it, just like jeezy. and he fills a void in the lack of there being much hardcore street content in grime at the moment (unless im missing it all).