luka

having said that it's something i first became aware of 20 years ago. seeing something doesn't always give you the magical ability to change it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
@luka, Definitely, I'm the last person who would disagree with that. Seeing one's faults intellectually and not being able to change them emotionally is a curse I'm familiar with.

But giving up on changing yourself, is like dying before physical death, so what else can you do but keep on trying, however uncomfortable it feels?

Last edited:

luka

Well have you considered that people here might prefer to be interacted with as equals rather than being 'taught' and 'led'?

I mean, OK, you're clearly replying here still at least partly in your persona as Luka the Internet Guru, which is fine but if you're going to do that, then at least do it consistently. You can't be one of the spiteful popular kids and the teacher.

Alternatively, you could try parking your ego and stop trying to force Dissensus to be what you think it should be. You've been at this guru/sage/pied-piper schtick for well over a decade now - aren't you boring even yourself by this point? And isn't being boring the primary cardinal sin in your view of the world?

of course i know what you mean and again this is something i struggle with. maybe im kidding myself, it's a possibility, i might be completely delusional, but i think i have acquired knowledge and ability in a small number of related fields and when i am talking to other people about those subjects, people who, in my estimation know less than i do, i find it hard not to either be condescending and dumb my level down, or to play the teacher role.

if i were to try and discuss science with you you would be forced into the same position i think.

this is an interesting and useful discussion and id like to carry it on but like the last time i get into a massive row ive got radio to do. its the impersonal operation of a vast karmic bureaucracy.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"i find it hard not to either be condescending and dumb my level down" Try! Then people will appreciate your knowledge more.

Have a good radio session, put up the link later if you can

luka

just got out the shower but please do appreciate that anyone applying for the positions i am applying for- #
culture-leader/ hierophant/ world-bard
is going to have, by neccessity, a certain amount of ego. it sort of goes with the territory.
i do depend, to some degree, on other people, to help me keep a lid on it.

luka

to even covet those positions is going to seem a bit unhinged to most people
but to think you're uniquely qualified is basically outright schizophrenia.

but those are the jobs i want and those are the jobs i am going for.
and you lot are all helping me in these training sessions whether you
want to or not.

Leo

the issues/challenges Luka and baboon discussed about "knowing versus doing" are human nature and certainly apply to everyone, to differing degrees (me, for sure). coming out to a decent place here, a "talk it through" therapy session. feeling better as the process unfolds, never an easy or predictable conversation.

droid

You need to knock it on the head again. You'll never get disciples if you cant walk the path.

luka

i had a really nice nice day playing serious jazz music on the radio. it was my debut as a very serious musician and i got overexcited

luka

You need to knock it on the head again. You'll never get disciples if you cant walk the path.

sometimes the path leads through the pub and by the time it comes out the other side youre fucked out your nut