http://thesurrealist.co.uk/standard.php

headlines1.jpg

headlines2.jpg

headlines3.jpg

headlines4.jpg

stelfox

Beast of Burden
69852931_ba8152b809_b.jpg

I also loved the unintentionally hilarious New York Times headline about the US Secretary of State not receiving a warm reception during an official visit to Beijing: China shuns Rice

Worked for years in tabloids so have quite a few favourites...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Years ago, shortly after the Dunblane massacre, the Duke of Edingurgh made some (surprise, surprise) tactless comments which he was later forced to retract, leading to "Duke apologises over gun comments".
Which immediately put me in mind of:
dukenukem3dbox.jpg

Looks like it's time for me to go POSTAL!

(Well, it was 1996....)

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
@nomos - there wasa club in Camberwell where they had fake ES billboards up. TERROR TERROR TERROR was a great one. But the best was CANCER CAUSES CANCER.

For the tabloids, the Sun had FOR FOX SAKE! on the day after the countryside alliance broke into the commons chamber in the house of parliament, which was cool.

But my all time favorite is an unintentionally funny one from the Guardian: MAFIA DON FOUND IN PRESTON.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The most cryptical headline I've seen was one I saw last year on one of the London freesheets: REAL SNUB DROG.

I had no idea counterfeit snubdrog had become such a problem. Maybe we need a Campaign For Real Snubdrog?

tryptych

waiting for a time
"Builder loses nuts and bolts"

About a chap who's ladyfriend had cut off his testicles, after which he did a runner...

gabriel

The Heatwave
The most cryptical headline I've seen was one I saw last year on one of the London freesheets: REAL SNUB DROG.

I had no idea counterfeit snubdrog had become such a problem. Maybe we need a Campaign For Real Snubdrog?

REAL [Madrid/Sociedad] SNUB [Didier] DROG[ba]

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
Yeah Noel that was it. Was the frowny for the club in general, or for the fact that it's now closed?

There's a great unintentional one in this weeks Closer actually. The headline concerning Peter Andre is supposed to read (I think):

I NEED TO ACT, LIKE MY WIFE (note the comma)

But what it actually says is:

I NEED TO ACT LIKE MY WIFE

which conjures up the unforgettable image of Peter Andre having a compulsive need to dress up in drag and try to pass himself off as Jordan. Well it did for me anyway, earlier when I was pissing myself in the supermarket.